The Campaign Reviews

• Sep 30, 2020

Good funny interesting movie starring will Ferrell and Zach galafanakis. This movie is really good and from now on I will watch this movie every election.

• Sep 28, 2020

To be honest, watching The Campaign right now was probably a bad idea. It’s just more fuel for the fire of my hatred of American politics. This movie takes the kind of sensationalism and ugliness that is a reality in our modern mass media political world, and takes it to the extreme with caricatures of real people. Perhaps more disturbing is when I think there are politicians who could win elections with these exact practices, even if they are ridiculous. I didn’t find any of it funny as they revel in the most juvenile sexual humor imaginable. There also isn’t much plot to talk about in The Campaign. It’s literally just the story of an ugly smear campaign between two infantile candidates who will do anything to get elected. The issues don’t matter, the characters don’t matter, it’s a framework for bad jokes and lazy improv. I was so disgusted and annoyed that I couldn’t care less how it ended. The whole movie is a great example of the sorry state of modern comedy. You don’t have to write anything clever nowadays. Instead you just create a situation, add some extreme sexual comedy and a whole lot of profanity, then sprinkle in a bunch of goofy unrealistic characters that feel like they were hatched in an SNL writers’ room, finally leave room for a good amount of improvisation. The end result is always trash, and yet that’s what we continue to get. The Campaign is an easy movie for me to tell everyone to avoid.

• Henry R
    Sep 21, 2020

This movie is Extremely funny

This movie is Extremely funny

• Aug 13, 2020

Kinda flew under the radar compared to other projects these two have done, so I never checked it out. Solid for fans of their other work.

• May 27, 2020

The Campaign is another Will Ferrell special. This movie is extremely funny but his competitor had an annoying voice.

• Feb 01, 2020

Just great, silly fun. This movie is full of clever jokes and nonsense, which is what you want to see in a silly comedy like this.

• Jan 19, 2020

Will and Zach are hilarious. Skewers both the left and the right, with solid laughs throughout.

• Dec 10, 2019

Will Ferrell is about as funny as a post

Will Ferrell is about as funny as a post

• Nov 24, 2019

Has a few laughs and Will Ferrell once again steals the show. Could have been a little clever though.

• Nov 23, 2019

Although humour is subjective from person to person, I found this film extremely funny.