The Dressmaker Reviews

• Oct 31, 2019

Corky, interesting, creative, artsy and funny. Loved it!

Corky, interesting, creative, artsy and funny. Loved it!

• Jul 09, 2019

Not a film I'd normally see but I watched with my wife. Engaging, funny, dark, sad, poignant, and with a most satisfying finish. If you aren't familiar with Australian humour you may not get it. The continuity of the storyline and the way the characters involved are portrayed and interact is remarkable. Whoever comes up with stories like these?

• Jun 19, 2019

Funny, heart wrenching and beautiful. Nothing like I expected it to be.

Funny, heart wrenching and beautiful. Nothing like I expected it to be.

• Feb 19, 2019

Original idea, clever script and great acting. Perfect amount of dark humor and drama. (Plus Liam Hemsworthï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)s semi-naked body)

• Feb 16, 2019

Kate Winslet honestly and without a doubt can act! She simply shines in this one as the revenge-seeking protagonist of this dark comedy. "The Dressmaker" is masterfully crafted as if to play as a crime movie, dark comedy, revenge film and period drama. It's fun and entertaining and wonderfully acted but at moments it fails to deliver. Just simply let Kate Winslet act in every movie possible. I can't get enough of her. "The Dressmakerï¿ 1/2Â? is a delight because of her.

• Jan 22, 2019

Based on the poster, I thought this was a drama. But it's actually VERY quirky story with quirky (sometimes dark) humor.

• Jan 14, 2019

Amazing , trailer and title are a scam

Amazing , trailer and title are a scam

• Jan 10, 2019

The movie had a deeper meaning to me to what you see on the screen. It addresses the effect of bullying on mental health and memory. It also influences a person to almost believe what others have been telling her/him over and over again. The quality of acting in this Australian movie is also impressive, the scenery and the costumes of course.

• Jan 03, 2019

Fellini-sequel meets Outback via Paris, Texas. Absurdist concept, with schizo direction. Several of the bit players seem to think they are in a comedy. One, the romantic lead, thinks he's doing "a river runs through it" in a desert. The two main female leads are in a drama. If the director had stripped away the nonsense and let Davis and Winslet do their thing, it could have been great. As it is, it's a waste ofcostumes and scenery.

• Nov 17, 2018

Not gonna lie, this movie makes me want to go to my own small town where I was bullied and go fuck shit up there. For me, it's hard to find a female heroine that's strong, and not afraid of a fight. Myrtle (Tiff) is the perfect example of one. This movie, is interesting, very dark, of course. The imagery and costumes are off the charts, the acting is amazing. I found this jewel while looking for a comedy, and left crying. There's dark humor, with a strong message behind the movie. I really can't see why this has low ratings.