The Evil Dead Reviews

• 18h ago

With unbelievable makeup and special effects, intense hard-to-watch moments, amazing sound effects, good jumpscares, eccentric performances and Sam Raimi's outstanding direction; 'The Evil Dead' is an extremely campy, ridiculously gory, terrifying and unique never-ending nightmare.

• 1d ago

i absoulutley love this movie it is so good

i absoulutley love this movie it is so good

• Jan 15, 2021

This is definitely the absolutely the best horror film of all time and people would definitely kept on talking about it for ever and ever as the most scariest most bloodiest most goriest film ever made.

• Jan 12, 2021

Horror Film is brutally violent, disturbing but also darkly funny. Five friends travel to a remote cabin in the woods where they play a tape with incantations. This releases the demons which possess them in succession until only one is left fighting for survival. I watched this film in a park. In the dark. It's not ferociously original though it probably was when it was released but it sure is scary and slightly funny. There is tons and tons of blood: biting, stabbing, beheading, slashing, slicing and even a scene where someone is raped by a tree. It's very fun but beware- NOT for the faint of heart.

• Jan 08, 2021

The best phrase to describe the original Evil Dead is crazily horrifying. It's scary for its ideas, and though the special effects and makeup aren't anything great, they manage to bring to life these ideas in insanely terrific ways.

• Dec 21, 2020

An amazing cult classic with humour every now and then. This film does not disappoint! Bruce Campbell is an absolute beast in this film.

• Dec 11, 2020

This movie is the only NC-17 rated movie I've seen, and I was really disappointed. I really dislike the whole dead people that are alive plot, which is weird, because I usually like that kind of thing. This movie wasn't horrid, but it was pretty darn bad.

• Nov 19, 2020

While the screenplay, soundtrack, performance and effects being concrete, but the deficit running time and the redundant thrill construction can make this a bit boring in the second half of the film

• Nov 08, 2020

A gory blood bath, Although the practical effects show it's age today, the evil dead is a old classic.

• Nov 05, 2020

I understand this was a pivotal movie in not only independent films, but horror in general which I respect...but the source is ok at best.