The Finest Hours Reviews

• Jan 21, 2020

It was ok I'm a x merchant seamen not really true a bit corny and very over the top but still a remarkable story

• Dec 29, 2019

Great movie, awesome true story! A must watch!

Great movie, awesome true story! A must watch!

• Dec 03, 2019

One of the blandest movies ever made.

One of the blandest movies ever made.

• Nov 19, 2019

3.25* It was an ok movie until I realized at the end that it was a true story. That bumped it up to 3.25*. This felt too Hollywood and very unlike a true story, so I have questions re the authenticity. I found the character of Miriam to be irritating and unlikable. I didn't even understand the point of including the "love story". Was it just so they could tell us that they did in fact have a long marriage? Bc what did it do for the story? I really liked the acting (and characters) of Casey Affleck and Chris Pine. The CGI looked impressive and real to me. It's a great story of heroism but I just wish it didn't feel so Disney (SPOILER: like having the 1/2 ship sink right after they got everyone).

• Nov 18, 2019

This was the first movie I watched after subscribing to Disney+, and the first 20 minutes or so had me reconsidering my decision-making process. It moves a bit too slow and focuses on the backstory too much for my liking because, well, I came to this to see a disaster / rescue. But once the movie gets onto the open sea, it really takes off. Also, the short documentary piece included as an extra added to my appreciation of both the movie and the central character.

• Nov 16, 2019

Chris Pine delivers another great performance. It's not a thrill ride movie, which is what makes it as good as it is. Too many movies that should be good get ruined by trying to turn it into an action film.

• Nov 14, 2019

Great movie. Very entertaining and a story that doesn't get much publicity Definitely worth a watch

• Jul 25, 2019

This is a simple movie with simple objectives, and it nails them all. Sure, it's a bit of a fascist piece of (convincing) propaganda, but it's also a tense and personal true-life adventure film, that does for the coast guard and the ocean what Apollo 13 did for NASA and space.

• Jul 13, 2019

Best picture of 2016. Indeed best picture of the decade. All the actors stood out in this and brought their A-game.

• Jan 03, 2019

I dunno, i just feel so moved when i saw this at the first time, maybe its because the sound effect, the great cinematic effect at the sea that makes you think how cruel the ocean could be, or the extraordinary and unbelievably actual story that made me amazed.