The Grinch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Grinch Reviews

½ April 20, 2019
The whole movie wasnt the original story line. It was changed up a lot.
April 7, 2019
Not a great movie, but quite cute and festive... Kids will like it.
April 6, 2019
Me my wife and kids really enjoyed this movie it a had a lot of funny parts in it.
April 3, 2019
One of the better version of the grinch.
March 31, 2019
O filme não ï¿ 1/2 1/2 (C) bizarro, nem horrível ele fala sobre o real significado sobre o natal e foi por causa disso que gosto de usar esse filme na escola.
March 29, 2019
This is such a cute movie, it definitely loves it the the Dr. Seuss legacy. However it's not perfect, but it's a good movie none the less.
½ March 28, 2019
You can't compete with a classic, I remember not being a fan of the Jim Carrey version despite his wily antics. This one isn't really all that bad, but like I said.. can't compete with a classic. Cumberbatch does a decent job as the Grinch. Honestly I don't see why the Grinch doesn't move to Saudi Arabia, no Christmas there hah.
March 24, 2019
Did not particularily enjoy this film. While it attempts to present the Grinch in a way that he has not been presented, this movie loses focus on the grinch story and seems too focused on modernizing a classic story that is already wonderful, with Cindy Lou as an example. Her single mom with three kids plays the clichè role of something animating studios choose to present today joping to allow the audience to feel inclusion when none is necessary. Cindy is overbearingly aspirant as if they were trying to make me sick with it, and her character develooment is strongly lacking. To conclude, I feel the studio really did a number on this one, and failed to positively change the classic, loveable story we know into a politically correct $5 movie bin story.
½ March 20, 2019
A fun and brighter take on the story that lightens up and tries to be extra goofy. While it works in some parts throughout the movie, the movie does have it's fair share of issues throughout. Overall enjoyable and might even bring a couple laughs
March 11, 2019
i wish they would stop remaking The Grinch... you can only tell the same story so many different ways. & i LOVE the cumberbunch, but i didn't love his voice for this character. not to mention the soundtrack was awful; seriously one of the worsts i think i've ever noticed. i wanted to hate this one, but that dumb ending pulled on the heart strings pretty good, so i'll give it 2 stars for that. also the reindeer is cute.
March 8, 2019
I wish they kept the Grinch voice! Wasn't bad but the cartoon version is better
½ March 8, 2019
Garbage.

They took a wonderful story and wrenched everything fun and enjoyable about it and burned it to Ash.

Crap. Crap. Crap.
March 6, 2019
The Grinch I think has been done to death now. This version was not good it was way off base. The interaction between the Grinch and Whoville characters was too "as a matter of fact".
The Reindeer character was cute, but did not fit in the story line. It was all over the place guess they were trying to make the Grinch Politically Correct? Making him nice, and not different from everyone else in whoville? I missed seeing it in the movies now I am glad I did.
March 3, 2019
It was brilliant. Fresh take...from Pharrell Williams narrating to Cindy Lous friends. Great for kids and jokes that adults will get too. Anyone dissing it....is a GRINCH!
March 2, 2019
Our whole family loves this movie... weï¿ 1/2 1/2(TM)re still watching it in March.
March 2, 2019
Phenomenally written and created! Nothing I feel will change the qualities of what the grinch provides to society. Absolutely amazing.
March 1, 2019
This movie may appeal to kids as a cheap distraction, but taking into consideration that this is a film moviegoers will see, it's in all honesty a cheap lazy cash grab with no love, personality, or anything whatsoever.
February 26, 2019
Very cute. Not 100% accurate with the original story, but a decent and funny Grinch movie with a solid heart and a lot of good slapstick gags. The character of the Grinch is lovable and grumpy, not so bad as he would like to be, and it's more realistic in my opinion. I spent a good hour and a half with my family!
February 26, 2019
This was a good adaption of the original story that didn't feel terribly padded out. All the voice actors did a great job and the computer animation is top notch. While this movie may have been unnecessary, it is good for kids and good to put on during the holidays for background noise.
½ February 26, 2019
'The Grinch' is a fun Christmas film that is full of good jokes and contains a nice story. Although sometimes the animation and jokes got jarring, the film was still beautiful and enjoyable to watch.