The Guardian Reviews

• Jan 12, 2020

Lot of great and memorable moments in this movie. I liked the pacing and camerawork.

• Jan 06, 2020

The reviews on this movie by "top critics" fail by a long shot. This movie takes its time and does an amazing job showing one of the most dangerous jobs in the world and what it takes to get the job. Costner and Kutcher do an amazing job and have great chemistry. Definitely a must see that can be watched again and again.

• Nov 27, 2019

its a must see.. i dont know why.. but its quite melancholic also!

its a must see.. i dont know why.. but its quite melancholic also!

• Oct 01, 2019

One second I'm involved and enjoying this and the next I'm rolling my eyes at the bad dialogue. Still Hits on some marks.

• Jun 06, 2019

Loved it. Great movie.

Loved it. Great movie.

• Jan 05, 2019

Great movie. Doesn't lack anything as far as stars that know how to act the part. The pair of Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher is great to watch!

• Oct 25, 2018

This movie brings a whole new meaning in life about what it means of saving a person who is in life-threatening danger and going beyond your own life to save another life. Kevin Costner did a fine job in his role of being a Cost-Guard rescue diver, instructor and showing the love for his job. Ashton Kutcher did a great job too (not a fan of his) and that says a lot. The creators behind this film made it emotionally for the viewers and that what sparks it. Well put together and just how much the energy and drive this film has. The ending of this film is bittersweet (in a good way) and not minute goes by without thinking about it. Well made movie. Rather may be a soft thriller, drama or action viewer, this movie hits it all.

• Jan 26, 2018

My wife saw this movie on a commercial laden channel and wonder why we had never seen it before, so we rented it. By the end, we realized why...it was a horrible movie.

• Dec 21, 2016

Had some realy litterly cool moments , Older hero ...new Hero ? Nice to follow ! SOMDVD

• Aug 20, 2016

Interesting critics consensus. I have to say from my perspective this was an excellent film and though lacking truth to the story, felt it was an excellent tribute to the brave men and women that have serve in the Coast Guard. Definitely had some raunchier moments and I would recommend utilizing a filtering service to knock those out. Costner and Kutcher's chemistry is excellent and though I am not a huge fan of either actor, I felt like their performance in this film was spot on. Definitely an inspiring film and worth the watch.