The Heartbreak Kid Reviews

• Mar 16, 2019

The Farrelly Brothers have done very funny films from Dumb & Dumber, Kingpin, Me, Myself and Irene and There's Something About Mary. Ben Stiller puts a wonderful performance alongside Malin Akerman and she plays the stereotypical crazy woman well. I enjoyed seeing Arthur Stiller work with his son Ben Stiller because they are always funny together such as when they were in Zoolander together. Carlos Mencia who is a controversial comedian plays the owner of the hotel and provides a lot of laughs.

• Jan 28, 2019

I decent comedy but aren't all Ben Stiller movies worth watching

I decent comedy but aren't all Ben Stiller movies worth watching

• Nov 10, 2018

This film was unwatchable.

This film was unwatchable.

• Jun 09, 2018

very funny with a cool story and lots of great situational humor. lots of really funny moments and isn't completely predictable. (about 3 viewings) SPOILERS the sort of twist at the very end is pretty awesome and gave me some goosebumps

• Jan 15, 2018

A Farrelly Brothers failure of monumental proportions. The laughs are interspersed few and far between long tedious spells of feigned early onset marital frustration. Malin Akerman and Ben Stiller have virtually zero chemistry between them. By the time it's half-way through you realize there isn't a single character on screen worth cheering for and somehow this film actually manages to get worse from there fleshing out a highly implausible plot with absurdly ludicrous scenarios where even a mild chuckle is in short supply.

• Sep 04, 2017

4/9/17 Acceptable Rom-Com

4/9/17 Acceptable Rom-Com

• Aug 07, 2017

It was a funny movie. It hit pretty close to home for me. So I thought it was hilarious. Every actor did a great job. The Stillers were stellar. The ladies beautiful. Others hilarious. Well done.

• Jul 21, 2017

This movie follows Eddie, a selfish and very pathetic character as he cycles through women and dumps them as soon as he loses interest. He begins a relationship with a woman named maranda while on his honeymoon with his new wife. He lies his way through the entire thing and somehow still gets the girl at the end when she comes to him after a failed marriage of her own. One of the last scenes is him lying once again to his current girlfriend as soon as Miranda comes back into the picture and then casually dumping her to be with Miranda who for some unfathemble reason still loves him. I had to to stop watching at this point because I found Eddie the main character to be absolutely disgusting. I don't think I've ever been so angry about how a movie turned out as I was while watching "the heartbreak kid" wouldn't recommend to any female viewer who is looking for some good laughs as I found this movie to be far more infuriating than funny. I don't know why I had such a strong negative reaction to this movie but I was seriously just so disgusted by Eddie the main character. Maybe a man would enjoy this movie but as someone who as dealt with her fairness share of scumbags this really wasn't for me.

• Jul 19, 2017

A film about a jerk who falls for a another girl while on his honeymoon. Got married all too quickly, fell quick for the new girl, handled it badly, then stayed hung up on the new girl just long enough to still get married for a year by the time his second chance came around with the girl he originally fell for. Comedic as Ben Stills often can be, but also more adult as Stills usually is. Did not care for the sex scenes.

• Jul 09, 2017

Awful. The only monster in this film is Stiller's Character.

Awful. The only monster in this film is Stiller's Character.