The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone Reviews

August 28, 2016
Steve Carell, Olivia Wilde, Steve Buscemi, and Alan Arkin do a great job of acting in this movie. The movie started off a little douchey, with Jim Carrey and Steve Carell acting like total egomaniacal idiots, but had a hilarious ending.
August 21, 2016
I really enjoyed the style of humor. Lots to like about it. Gets a little formulaic in the middle, but still has plenty of surprising laughs.
August 21, 2016
Hilarious. Don't listen to critics review comedies. It's literally a different category.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
I'm not a fan of Steve Carell and the only reason I wanted to watch this was for Jim Carrey who was as he always is really funny and as I thought before watching it he was the best thing in this movie, His stunts were hilarious but he was under used, Although the rest of the cast did a good job but they were pretty boring compared to Jim Carrey, The story was old and between Jim Carreys scenes it was bland, The ending was pretty good but couldn't make up for the rest of it, Watch it for Jim Carrey and you might enjoy it more.
July 28, 2016
The only incredible thing about this movie is how little I laughed throughout. Boring, dumb, and definitely not funny.
June 5, 2016
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone, basically Ron Burgundy, only if he were a Magician instead of a anchorman. Overall, a decent film with below average jokes.
May 22, 2016
This movie was a mess. Had a unique concept for a comedy movie but it wasn't funny in the slightest bit. I watched for 45 mins and never laughed once. Which is unfortunate because it has a really great cast of actors. Very disappointed.
½ April 22, 2016
The introduction to magic's over-the-top duo Steve Carell and Steve Buscemi is deliciously cheesy. Buscemi is charming and I wish he had more screen time. The film went off the cliff mid-way.
April 10, 2016
This is a decent comedy. Carrell is great as the has been magician and Buscemi goes into Donnie mode. It is Jim Carrey and Brain Rape that steals every scene. Hillarious.
February 13, 2016
Es increible ver como aún con tantos actores excelentes; el director Don Scaldino no logró hacer nada interesante con ellos, es una película lenta, con 2 que 3 gags buenos en TODA la película, y en resumen bizarra. Es una mezcolanza de humor en extremo extraño y una monotonía constantemente presente. Que lastima, pudo haber sido una comedia muy bien hecha; pero eso pasa cuando el director es un completo pelele.
January 23, 2016
Didn't laugh once and made sadly unnecessary given the solid talent behind it.
½ January 18, 2016
While it doesn't feel like a movie we haven't seen a million times, it doesn't completely fail to entertain and it collects a few laughs. I couldn't stop thinking I was watching a remake of "Dodgeball" with magic instead of dodgeball though. Also, Steve Buscemi didn't look quite convinced.
½ January 9, 2016
Worth watching on Netflix!
½ January 3, 2016
Jim Carrey doesn't believe in vaccinations. He and his movies are idiotic
January 2, 2016
I've had shit luck with movies lately, and this was one of them. just horrifically painful to endure, story was nonsense and instead of feeling any kind of sympathy for a character, you're wishing they woukd just disappear in their lame props and not come back
½ December 9, 2015
The Incredible Burt Wonderstone est une comédie proche de l'univers d'Adam McKay sans le talent d'un Will Ferrell, mais avec un casting tout de même très concerné, surtout Olivia Wilde, Jim Carrey (bien meilleur lorsqu'il n'est qu'une présence bienvenue dans le supporting cast) et l'hilarant Steve Buscemi qui parvient enfin à obtenir un rôle comique à sa mesure. Le film est malheureusement un peu long et manque de gags vraiment drôles et originaux pour décoller. C'est bien dommage car le message du film est plutôt intéressant tout en étant assez chaleureux. Mais The Incredible Burt Wonderstone ne restera pas dans les annales.
November 2, 2015
This is a very funny film with a tremendous cast. Steve Carell is particularly excellent and I highly recommend a viewing, especially if you dig magic.
October 21, 2015
Not even the attractiveness of Olivia Wilde could save this piece of garbage.
September 26, 2015
There is an old saying that says, "too many cooks in the kitchen spoil the broth". This is an apt metaphor to describe the Incredible Burt Wonderstone. While I'm not crazy about magicians, how could you not be excited for a comedy starting Steve Carrell and Jim Carrey? They are certainly two of the best comedic actors around and I hoped this film would be a can't miss, but it was far from it. In a parallel situation, Carrell and Carrey are trying to one up each other in the same way that Wonderstone and Gray are in the film. This results are a film that is sloppy and a complete waste of time and talent. The story takes place in Las Vegas, where for twenty years Burt Wonderstone (Steve Carrell) has been the only name in magic. One day a newbie appears on the scene, one with a TV show and a high risk element to his act. Steve Gray (Jim Carrey) makes Wonderstone appear old and outdated, inspiring Burt to up his game. This film simply wasn't funny at all, as the producers tried to pit David Copperfield against Criss Angel. It was an interesting idea for a film, just not a comedy, because magic simply isn't funny. Watching these guys share idiotic dialogue, while they perform stupid tricks, that nobody would want to see, isn't funny. There isn't much more to say other than this film was a complete bust, with almost no redeeming qualities what so ever. I am still in a state of shock, that a movie with so many comedic stars could turn out to be this bad, but it really does prove that too many cooks is never a good thing. I'm sure the cast all had their own ideas and all tried to interject their own unique styles into the film, but it simply didn't work.
September 16, 2015
One of those movies you ask yourself halfway through, why am I still watching this? The laughs are few & far between & for the most part didn't feel genuine. More like the incredibly forgettable & mediocre Burt Wonderstone.