The Love Punch Reviews

• Nov 24, 2018

A comedy movie stuck, boring and ridiculous.

A comedy movie stuck, boring and ridiculous.

• Sep 22, 2018

Mildly amusing. Implausible story. Interesting to be back in Paris though!

Mildly amusing. Implausible story. Interesting to be back in Paris though!

• Aug 17, 2018

Okay, I know I'm in the minority here, but I love this film. It never ceases to make me laugh out loud. I find it completely silly and such a delightful send-up of the spy/adventure genre. Perhaps you have to be of a certain age to find this film funny, but it gets me in the funny bone every time I see it. Emma Thompson is delightful, Pierce Brosnan's seriousness cracks me up. The sight of 4 middle-aged people in wet-suits and flippers, ready to swim a mile or two across a bay and then climb a cliff - and very casually pull off a heist still has the ability to send me into fits of laughter. It's like every movie with a team of highly trained commandos, only this time they're retired and pissed off friends on holiday. This is not a film to be taken seriously. Just sit back, look at the lovely scenery, and enjoy.

• Jul 15, 2017

Mindless fun. Just plain silly...by design--I hope.

Mindless fun. Just plain silly...by design--I hope.

• Feb 19, 2017

It's good movie to watch

It's good movie to watch

• Apr 02, 2016

A fun knock about Rom com with great cast especially Emma Thompson and Pierce Brosnan a great chill out movie.

• Feb 19, 2016

Embarrassing, in addition to Emma Thompson's over-the-top-pest acting all the way.

• Dec 20, 2015

Well what can I say? Is Pierce Brosnan really an actor? Am I insane? What the jack kerouac is this movie? oh my god? oh my god!

• Oct 25, 2015

It was OK. Far from being remotely all that funny unfortunately but the two leads give it their and do what they can with what they got.

• Oct 17, 2015