The Railway Man Reviews

• Jun 01, 2019

Excellent movie! Not sure why the ratings are so low because I love it! Give it a try!

• Nov 13, 2018

this movie was fun to watch, Teaches you a lot about P.O.W of the Japanese. Things that I find atrocious about this movie is the characters, those that are around Lomax. Patti is used as a technique to continue the story instead of developing her as a character. Also quite a lot of scene that have little to no reason whatsoever. The scene in which they count themselves in cards instead of actual numbers have no reason for being there, but this scene is repeated through the movie. The best part of this movie is its cinematic shots and its moving dialogues. I recommend watching it if you find truth hidden in some drama enjoyable.

• Feb 07, 2018

Excellent movie and story along with a good cast, based on a true story. I was pleasantly surprised by this one

• Nov 27, 2017

The Railway Man acquaints is with a suspenseful and mysterious gaze into the hard-shelled agony of PTSD.

• Nov 21, 2017

Thoroughly enjoyed this film. It really brought home a few lost facts from the war. It captured the suffering of soldiers and proppa Ganda fed to the enemy to get them to keep fighting. I like how the two men became friends and continued that friendship until their deaths. Lives too short to hold grudges and this film based on true events shows that this philosophy can happen despite the horrendous treatment endured.

• Nov 06, 2017

Great and intense movie. Excellent acting.

Great and intense movie. Excellent acting.

• Sep 02, 2017

I admit I was bored in the beginning of the movie but I will never forget this gruesome tale. Nor will I ever get the opportunity to forget it. This movie has scarred me, I will never be able to forget it. Never in a million years. This is a horror film, not filled with jumpscared and demons. But it certainly has monsters and the zombie like figures who were enslaved by them. People might talk about this movie with a low opinion of it but the fact that this movie got me like this is insane

• Aug 16, 2017

I love, Firth and Kidman to pieces..the premise of this movie was touching.. but I found the it boring. It didn't come together well. The ending was the best part.

• Jul 19, 2017

I watch this movie without knowing anything about this ... I don't even know it is about WWI nor POW... Just pick a wrong movie at the wrong time... The only comment is, it is a bit slow...

• Apr 24, 2017