The Square (Al Midan) - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

The Square (Al Midan) Reviews

July 24, 2017
Made the story accessible by focusing on a few people
November 18, 2016
Powerful and eye-opening.
½ October 7, 2016
In "The Square," Jehane Noujaim documents an essential piece of modern history. If only she could learn to clean the camera lens... What she captures through that dirty lens is, however, gruesome and inspirational. What the Egyptian revolutionaries achieved should serve as an example to other citizens of the world that are being abused by those in power. If the people demand the downfall of the regime, it can and will fall.
September 30, 2016
Compelling look at the political upheaval in Egypt very recently. The revolution thought they got what they wanted right away and then realized that without a clear vision of a new regime with a clear leader change becomes difficult. I never really followed the events and I learned a bunch. It has similarities to the Ukrainian revolt, but a bit less violent and more disorganized seemingly. Worth checking out. Makes me appreciate the broken system we have in the US.
August 18, 2016
A must see for anyone wondering what all the fuss is about re the Arab Spring, and the upheaval taking place on the other side of the world. Phenomenal documentary that gives you a look from ground zero.
½ July 23, 2016
Provides a good overview of the Egyptian revolution with the people who have been there since the beginning. Hopefully there will be a sequel.
July 18, 2016
Powerful documetary. That Ahmed is a courageous kid. I hope people like him transform that country.
July 10, 2016
Such a beautiful and powerful movie
May 22, 2016
Graphic violence, street art, and poetic statements combine to tell the powerful story of revolution in Egypt.
½ April 12, 2016
just the beginning for the Middle East
½ March 15, 2016
Inspiring and educational- !
½ February 15, 2016
The direction is not flawless, with the camera constantly going out of focus, but this essential film remains an inspiring testament to the power of protests and the voice of the people, especially in times when rebellions ought to come up everywhere against abusive regimes.
February 14, 2016
I saw this like 3 years ago or something it was fantastic and I haven't thought about those the guys now that basically the Revolution the revolution went bust
January 29, 2016
All I can say is WOW!!! Great documentary.
January 20, 2016
A brutal, honest portrayal of the Egyptian revolution.
December 25, 2015
A view into history impossible to achieve any other way
December 25, 2015
El nivel de compromiso es abismal y no tiene precedente, la producción es majestuosa y la intención directiva es exitosa. The Square te somete al filo de la historia de manera espectacular. Es una épica forma de hacer un documental, es simplemente revolucionario.
December 25, 2015
Once again, the Revolution will not be televised. (It will, however, be shared by the social media of the participants)
November 29, 2015
this movie should be mandatory viewing in brazil.
November 29, 2015
Every bit of it was fantastic.