The Unknown Girl (La fille inconnue) Reviews

• Mar 06, 2020

Absolutely brilliant one of the best French movies I have on Blu ray. It have a lot of twists that keeps you going.

• Oct 22, 2019

This is one of the best movies I've ever seen. It captures what it means to be loving. At first, I didn't notice anything special as I watched. But then, I entered a higher realm, the realm of this movie in which the doctor is loving and compassionate. This movie gives a new view of life. I wish I could give it 1000 stars.

• May 06, 2019

Petit film d'enquête et les risques de jouer au policier. mais divertit.

Petit film d'enquête et les risques de jouer au policier. mais divertit.

• May 06, 2019

Le faltò algo para ser ser perfecta.

Le faltò algo para ser ser perfecta.

• Jun 12, 2017

The latest piece by the Dardennes. In a classic wrapping, quite slow, down to earth and slowly opening up into a pretty big problem that need solving. This time there's a doctor that seems really devoted to her job. Constantly working, constantly trying to help out. When she decides to not open her office door after a knocking one hour after closing time, she is pretty issued by the result. It turns out that a woman is killed and she never let her in while she was searching for shelter. The story is slowly opened as many people are involved, most of them innocent but some people know something. It's not her job to find information, but she just can't help it. Good flick with a few Dardenne faces. It's always nice to search after a few faces that you simply know will appear. This is by no means the best effort from the brothers, but they simply cannot bring something poor to the table. They're classic presentation seem to work everytime and it works just fine this time too. 7 out of 10 hugs.

• May 11, 2017

I've always felt that falling asleep while seeing a movie is an insult to the makers of the film in question. But, I couldn't help but do so. An uninteresting plot, mashed with meaningless scenes and lousy dialogue made me do it. The one saving grace is Haenel's performance, but aside from that, the movie is very melodramatic at times, the actors giving very emotional reactions when it's uncalled for, making the film feel, at times, like an accidental comedy.

• Apr 11, 2017

As natural and engaging as ever.

As natural and engaging as ever.

• Feb 11, 2017

Dr. Davin really wants to know the girl's name.

Dr. Davin really wants to know the girl's name.

• Feb 09, 2017

Characters all have unknown motivations for their actions and behavior

Characters all have unknown motivations for their actions and behavior

• Carlos M Super Reviewer
    Dec 07, 2016

The Dardennes offer us another engaging story shot in their usual naturalistic style to show us things that happen in the lives of common people, even though this time what happens seems a bit twistier than necessary and holds a lesser impact than their best works.