Reviews

• Oct 17, 2021

Nutty, dark, and disturbing comedy.

Nutty, dark, and disturbing comedy.

• Oct 12, 2021

The trailer made it look like it would be a pretty humorous spoof on horror movies and started out that way but it got way to serious with itself in the second half and I ended up fast forwarding through it.

• Oct 11, 2021

It is always exciting to see a movie altering the viewer's perception as a way to convey meaning. This quirky, funny but truly dark movie does is a little rough gem.

• Oct 10, 2021

Absolutely horrible movie. It paints schizophrenic people in such an awful light. I hated every single thing about this movie. It was uncomfortable every single second. Jerry is a character who's struggling and alone, and he's the butt of almost every joke. I really feel like movies that contain big elements of mental illnesses and disorders should be reviewed by mental health experts. This is so not okay, especially not for 2014. They labeled this as a "dark comedy," but there's absolutely nothing comedic about this. It's stigmatizing. As somebody who struggles with his mental health on a daily basis, I am absolutely heartbroken, distraught, and disgusted. If I could give this movie zero stars, I would in a heartbeat.

• Sep 22, 2021

Unfunny and unnecessarily graphic. I was expecting a comedy with a dark twist, this is just uncomfortable and disturbing.

• Sep 12, 2021

The Voice starring Ryan Reynolds really showcases his talent. He does marvelous work in this movie playing a schizophrenic factory worker who goes on a downward spiral. Reynolds kills this performance really portraying this broken man in such a way where you really empathize with him no matter how much destruction he’s caused. That also has to deal with the really sharp sometimes darkly funny script that works in a realistic, hard to watch but fascinating portrayal of mental health. Overall the Voices is an underrated piece of work that while is not for everybody if you appreciate dark comedies and an excellent starring performance from Reynolds i think your gonna enjoy it. GRADE A-

• Aug 21, 2021

Interprétation parfaitement givrée ! Une merveille !

Interprétation parfaitement givrée ! Une merveille !

• Aug 13, 2021

Funny, ridiculous and absurd journey in the life of a mentally ill who hears voices everywhere, the film makes us understand that even the most heinous acts can be done with extreme incidence. The film has a unique lightness even though it is actually a very heavy subject

• Jun 01, 2021

Supposedly it's a black comedy, but it just wasn't funny. It was sad and horrific, and by the end incomprehensible.

• May 01, 2021

Um filme fora do comum, surpreendente, engraçado e tenso. Ryan Reynolds entrega atuação impecável.