The Wrestler Reviews

• 3d ago

Mickey Rourke gives the performance of a life time. Likely his best ever in 'The Wrestler' Aronofsky has given us a film about a fairly niche subject and shown us the human side of this industry of wrestling. Its heart wrenching, and exhilarating. Switching between them. The mundane, darkness of Randy's normal life outside the ring, where he is a nobody. Then back to inside the colourful ring... where he is not just someone... he is Randy "The Ram." A wrestler people love. This film is bound to pull in not only wrestling fanatics but also the drama fans too. It's a very fresh film and a must see. The cinematography is beautiful and shot very well. It's one of, if not the best film of 2008. All in all, it's a must see. Very rewarding drama. ... Randy "The Ram" Robinson: As times goes by, as times goes by, they say "he's washed up", "he's finished" , "he's a loser", "he's all through". You know what? The only one that's going to tell me when I'm through doing my thing is you people here."

• Mar 14, 2020

A really captivating film.

A really captivating film.

• Feb 02, 2020

This was pretty good. I'm not sure if it's worthy of all the hype it got way back when, but it was good. Rourke did a really good job. Some of those wrestling stunts (the ones done by him) were really hard to do. His character was pretty monotone throughout so it's not like he had to do a range of emotions. I used to be a huge wrestling fan, over 25 year span, so I was really able to connect with his character. I think he represents 90% of the wrestlers out there... only 10% get the big big bucks and retire comfortably. So that's about it. I would recommend it if you're a fan of wrestling, but wouldn't go out of my way to push it to non-wrestling fans.

• Jan 30, 2020

This movie is sad and brilliant at the same time as taking you through this old wrestlers life. The story telling of this movie leaves you hanging on to the edge of your seat with a tear running down you eye.

• Jan 03, 2020

One of the best dramas ever. Mickey Rourke gave a performance for the ages. Simply the best movie of 2008.

• Oct 01, 2019

Great story.. must watch

Great story.. must watch

• Oct 01, 2019

A very good film. Mickey Rourke is exceptional as "The Ram".

A very good film. Mickey Rourke is exceptional as "The Ram".

• Sep 06, 2019

A Sombre and Sad look at a pro wrestler who eventually has nothing left to lose.

• Aug 15, 2019

The acting in this movie is superb. Actually crying watching it. Definitely a must see.

• Jun 22, 2019

Muy buena película nos muestra la realidad de muchas celebridades de como tiran su fortuna en vicios y al final todos los olvidan es una gran película con una gran actuación de Mickey Rourke que merecía un oscar sin duda la película mas triste que eh visto en mi vida