Then She Found Me Reviews

• Jul 16, 2016

Is it a comedy? I would not know. This is a drama told lightly with some funny moments. Simple, yet engaging. Realistic yet entertaining. Every character in it is likable sans Mathew Broderick('s). I do not know how many directing Helen Hunt did prior to this but she produced a fine work. Recommended.

• Aug 05, 2015

Nice enough way to spend the evening and a great cast!

Nice enough way to spend the evening and a great cast!

• Aug 24, 2014

great actors, horrible plot. never again

great actors, horrible plot. never again

• Jul 09, 2014

wow ummm just seen this movie 4 the 1st time n think that this is a great movie 2 watch,.....its got a good cast of actors/actressess throughout this movie....i think that helen hunt, bette midler, colin firth, matthew broderick, ben shenkman, play good roles/parts throughout this movie.......i think that the director of this drama/romance/comedy movie had done a great job of directing this movie because you never know what 2 expect throughout this movie.....i think that this is such a really enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch.,.....i think that this is such a really well written/acted/directed movie 2 watch its such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch..... Janeane Garofalo and Tim Robbins make brief cameo appearances as themselves. The author Salman Rushdie portrays Dr. Masani i think that this is such a really enjoyable comedy movie 2 watch......its got a good soundtrack throughout this movie......i think that this is such an enjoyable romantic comedy movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its got a great cast throughout this movie......i think that this is such a really funny movie 2 watch its got a good cast throughout this movie its such an enjoyable movie 2 watch with a great cast throughout this movie.....

• Jun 18, 2014

Then She Found Me suffers from a poor and messy story line but the performances from it's leads are strong. Directed by and starring Helen Hunt, the film is about a 39 year old woman, April (Helen Hunt) who is desperate for a baby. Her life is further thrown in turmoil when her husband (Matthew Broderick) leaves her and her adoptive mother dies. April receives further shock when she is contacted by her birth mother, Bernice (Bette Midler). The story line is a bit chaotic with too much focus on different things and towards the end the whole story got a bit frustrating and stupid. I think that this is primarily a film which relates more to middle aged women as it's all about marriage break up and wanting to have children. As a 22-year-old girl I felt that I couldn't really relate to it on a personal level. However this is still an enjoyable and pleasant watch and the good cast more than make up for it. Bette Middler is absolutely fabulous and electric as April's extroverted and self-centred birth mother. Bette Middler really makes it worth the watch. I think the film would have been better if it had just focused on relationship between birth mother and daughter instead of a messy love triangle between Helen Hunt, Matthew Broderick and Colin Firth. Another fault is that the film doesn't focus on April's grief of her adoptive mother and we're just catapulted into a new mother/daughter relationship without exploring the past one much. Despite the ludicrous love triangle, Colin Firth and Helen Hunt have good chemistry. Colin Firth is likeable, humorous and sympathetic as the divorcee dad who falls for April. On the whole this was a pleasant film and a decent watch, but the story is a bit all over the place. Grade: B-

• Dec 21, 2013

Sadly, she did find her and I paid to watch it. Just terrible. I was worried Bette Midler might east her after she found her along with the rest of the scenery. By the way, am I the only person who feels like Helen Hunt sings instead of speaks -- and it is not a nice sound. This was just bad.

• Nov 17, 2013

Bette and her shimmy make this movie great from that point onwards. The photography is excellent and brings out the insincere behavior of Americans and their lustful empty lives. Actors convey all the emotions with aplomb with attention to feelings of the twists and turns of love, hate and anger making for a deep entertainment. Nibbles: Cheese and Onion Quiche.

• Oct 08, 2013

Nothing special, with show-stealer Bette Midler being the only one raising the bar.

• Jul 12, 2013

This movie is all about Helen Hunt's talent both in front of the camera and behind. It is just wonderful.

• Jun 23, 2013

I was never really sure where the film was supposed to be heading or for which of the characters we were supposed to be rooting. Bette Midler shone in every scene in which she appeared, but otherwise this was just 'meh'.