Think Like a Man Reviews

• Sep 10, 2020

I laughed once, smiled a few times but it was still entertaining. Some things won't change, men and women are totally different and they never want the same things at the same time, so it's always fun to watch.

• Aug 21, 2020

Steve Harvey wrote a book in the real world that advised women on how to act in a relationship, and describing how to “Think Like a Man.” It was popular, so some brilliant people in Hollywood decide to adapt that into a movie where a bunch of women utilize the things they read in the book in order to get their men to act the way they’d like. Of course, things get “wacky” when the men also find the books and decide to use that knowledge against the women to get what they want as well. If I told you nothing more, you could probably write the movie for them, and odds are you’d write a better version than what the screenwriters managed to create in Think Like a Man. There is so much wrong with this stupid premise. For starters, the entire movie is built on the idea that you can create a good relationship out of something that is extremely adversarial. These people don’t meet eye-to-eye on key fundamental things, try to manipulate each other, and yet instead of realizing they are wrong for one another at the end, they keep pushing to make something out of nothing. Then all this nonsense pays off in the end because they do change, and magically everything is better. I predict, if this was real life, none of these relationships would last more than a few years. The other big problem I have with Think Like a Man is that they try to tell about 5 romantic comedies all at the same time. There are so many personality types (i.e. problems with men they want to address) that the film can’t tell any of their stories well. Instead every single character has to be reduced to a stereotype. In fact, Kevin Hart gets to label each one of them for us in tedious voiceover, so we know there will be no further nuance to their characters. And because there’s so much plot to work through, they only have time to do a shortened version of each story. This means that there will never be anything interesting to the relationship drama that unfolds, instead they will all be a series of stupid tropes we’ve all seen hundreds of times before. There is nothing at all that I found original in Think Like a Man, and they also seemed to forget that this was supposed to be a comedy. I cannot even remember one attempt at a joke in the movie, with the exception of any time Kevin Hart is on screen. While the other actors are content to let this dull drama play out without any humor, Hart is desperately trying to add something worth watching. Sadly, he could do nothing to save the utter boredom that comes from watching Think Like a Man.

• Jun 18, 2020

Rating: 5/10. 57/100

Rating: 5/10. 57/100

• Sep 08, 2019

The charm of the likable ensemble is enough to rise this above your typical romcom. There's chemistry all over the place and Kevin Hart keeps it funny throughout, even on multiple viewings. A personal favorite and some of the most fun I've ever had with these actors.

• Sep 24, 2018

It is funny, but only because that's all we can do about it..! And by "it", I mean the new age dating trends.

• May 31, 2018

An enjoyable romantic comedy. Even if it goes a little too far with humor.

An enjoyable romantic comedy. Even if it goes a little too far with humor.

• Feb 06, 2018

Forced to watch this during a "girl's night". Honestly, not half-bad.

Forced to watch this during a "girl's night". Honestly, not half-bad.

• Dec 16, 2017

I gotta say.. I really enjoyed this movie. I thought it was funny and entertaining. A friend of mine actually bought me the book as a “gag” gift but I never bothered to read it. Now I don’t have to. Music is good too.

• Sep 09, 2017

Super good movie, I love this movie I've seen it a million times. I recommend

Super good movie, I love this movie I've seen it a million times. I recommend

• May 03, 2017

Although I can understand the critic's score of this movie, I totally related to this movie and every way. I saw myself in a lot of the characters, being I'm single and courting myself. For this reason, I found the movie to be informative and funny at the same time. Surprisingly balanced script that gives each couple its fair share. I say this is one of my all time favorite Rom Coms.