Thinspiration (Starving in Suburbia) Reviews

• Jan 22, 2017

This movie was amazing. It really displayed a great imagery about the life of someone being anorexic. The acting was astounding as well.

• Jan 02, 2015

Yet another movie about a teenager with anorexia. Cheesy at times, but decently written besides from the nightmarish scenes. My main issue was in the way it handled the topic of eating disorders- not with much accuracy nor tact. The topic matter was glamorized as it sadly is in most eating disorder movies. Overall the whole movie just left a bad taste in my mouth.

• Erin C Super Reviewer
    Sep 06, 2014

Oh. My. God. Rarely am I moved by a Lifetime movie, but this one was truly heartbreaking. It showed the ugly truth of anorexia and how destructive it can be.

• Jul 29, 2014

There were certain parts that felt a little cheesy, but it was very good overall. The characters were compelling and the writers handled the subject matter well. Might make you cry.

• Jun 12, 2014

It is an awe inspiring movie. it deals with anorexia. The main concept is overcoming anorexia, dealing with eating disorders, and learn about the people who have this disease. like body issues, stress, society, body issue sites, and etc. It gives a new perspective on eating disorders.

• Apr 26, 2014