Total Recall Reviews

• 3d ago

Startlingly brilliant when it was released and still worth watching. It's over-the-top, but the pace is propulsive. Don't miss it.

• Jul 30, 2020

I think this is the most that I've heard Arnold speak in a movie (except for Mr. Freeze's cheesy 1 liners). With that being said, the movie is quite trippy and makes you unsure at various moments whether you are in a dream or reality so they got that plot point correct. The CGI is also fairly good for a 90s movie!

• Jul 28, 2020

So what if Total Recall has a few goofy moments, being a Schwarzenegger movie and all? It's still an all-time classic with special effects that have aged remarkably well, impressive world-building, memorable one-liners and, as is to be expected from a Paul Verhoeven flick, a well-balanced dose of violence and humour. And as for the question of whether the movie is real or a dream? Similar to the debates about whether or not Deckard is a replicant, I never gave much thought to it and I don't really care. Though I always thought what was happening was real, given we have scenes like a doctor nervously sweating and scenes where Ahnuld is absent. Then again, one could argue its a dream given how a certain evil plan relies on Arnie not dying. Though at the end of the day, does it really matter? Total Recall is still a classic sci-fi action flick and one of Schwarzenegger's best movies to date and no revelation that this is all in his head can change that fact.

• Jul 21, 2020

Total Recall is an entertaining, early 90's (still feeling very late 80's) Arnold sci-fi. I would consider this second tier to Schwarznegger's best films (Predator, Terminator, T2) but it still is quite good and essential viewing for fans of the 7 time Mr. Olympia. The practical effects are astounding here and extremely fun to watch, the story twists are nonstop and keep you guessing the whole movie.

• Jul 19, 2020

Eh, I'd rather just pop in showgirls again, but that's just me.

Eh, I'd rather just pop in showgirls again, but that's just me.

• Jul 14, 2020

I re-watch this film every few years and it still holds up as great entertainment.

• Jul 11, 2020

It has some cool ideas but its inability to settle on a tone hurts.

It has some cool ideas but its inability to settle on a tone hurts.

• Jul 07, 2020

Just watched it again and it really holds up! I love this movie. One if Schwartzeneger's best!

• Jul 03, 2020