Twisted Reviews

• Apr 27, 2019

Hi it was pretty good. Compelling albeit cheesy. Double twist! Didn't see it coming- I'm telling you. But also wouldn't recommend. Was just on tv and didn't turn it off. So that means wasn't terrible!

• Apr 23, 2019

Twisted (2004) : 3 out of 10: Okay I have questions lots of them. 1. Is Morgan Freeman okay? Did he accidentally read the script, fall out of his chair laughing, and hurt himself? Samuel L Jackson is playing the Morgan Freeman role. Doing a spot-on imitation of Morgan Freeman that borders on parody. It's like watching Christian Slater aping Jack Nicholson. 2. Why does every man in the movie hit on Ashley Judd? She is sporting Hillary Swank's haircut from Boy's Don't Cry, she is a San Francisco cop, and she beats up men with a little wooden dildo. She screams not that into you. Not to mention that Miss Judd is getting up there in years and as a screaming alcoholic has the sex appeal of a bag lady. (How did Ashley research this role anyway? Go to AA meetings? Hang out with her sister Wynonna?) 3. Who the hell was the Korean lady across the street? I swore she had to be the killer I mean why else is she in the film? Why is this film rated R? Miss Judd keeps her shirt on, and the violence wouldn't make a network censor blush. Also, why in movies are all coroners quick-witted woman? I swear the last male coroner I've seen on screen was Quincy. Male coroners are as endangered as straight guys in San Francisco, which is vital since someone is killing all straight men in San Francisco all of whom have slept with Miss Judd's character. She has been blacking out after drinking, and corpses are turning up. Her creepy new partner (Andy Garcia who seems to be in a completely different movie) is following her around, and she is seeing a psychiatrist who is also acting creepy. Other suspects include the aftermentioned Korean lady in the window and various cast members from the Practice TV show. When the killer is finally unveiled and gives his (or hers) big speech (instead of killing Judd and escaping needless to say) Well lets put it this way, when in 1979 Brenda Ann Spencer opened fire with her rifle on schoolchildren shooting 11 and killing two and then gave that famous musical trivia explanation for her actions "I don't like Mondays. This livens up the day" This was a rational, relevant, sensible and sound explanation compared to the psychobabble claptrap that ends this film. The only thing that will be twisted is your patience.

• Sep 25, 2018

A contrived story coupled with performances and characters that largely come off as insincere and unengaging, it's only by sheer force of will that you'll make it to the end credits. There's a serious lack of atmosphere , the editing is somewhat pedestrian and the surprise twist you'll likely have figured well before the end. Even the talents of the under-used Samuel L Jackson do little to elevate this movie beyond "passably acceptable if you're drunk".

• Sep 01, 2018

A poorly made movie with a ridiculous plot, but it was watchable if nothing else. (First and only viewing - 9/23/2018)

• Jun 27, 2018

Well, it's been a couple of years recently since I've heard of a film called Twisted and when I thought about it, I decided to give it a try after I looked at the reviews and it is panned as f**k. I mean, surely I wouldn't expected it to be that crap. So I watched it and I found it to be okay. This year today I watched it and I found it to be very mediocre thought that the story is terrible and the acting is phoned in especially from Ashley Judd and that includes the editing and the filmmakers doesn't seem to be bothered to cut them out and thinking that they're funny. To be fair, Twisted is not a good film to me extent however it is okay. I remember the time when me and my brother been watching it and we were just watching it in silence. Wow. If you're thinking that this is the movie, Twisted, might be for you and you didn't think it was half bad like me and when you're watched it recently, you're just like "Why am I watching this piece of s£!t!"

• Apr 22, 2018

OMG what a bad bad movie! The entire focus of the movie is that every single man, be he criminal or police officer, or victim, or john doe off the street, wants to do Jessica (Judd). Seriously, this is a 2004 movie?! The actors in this movie are usually fabulous. Just such a horrible movie.

• Jan 27, 2018

Was slightly convoluted but thanks to Ashley Judd and an interesting premise,Twisted manages to be a entertaining romp.

• Aug 06, 2017

Awesome lineup of actors!

Awesome lineup of actors!

• Feb 13, 2017

Movie had a great twist. I was guessing throughout the movie who the killer was, and I couldn't figure it out. But overall I was disappointed because I didn't find it very entertaining.

• Sep 07, 2016

Well acted but implausible story but is watchable for a SAT night.

Well acted but implausible story but is watchable for a SAT night.