Two Weeks Notice - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Two Weeks Notice Reviews

July 4, 2017
It's direct interaction of chemistry with sporadic charisma-fueled humor instead of meeting through emails in "You've Got Mail" as this timely-escapist film adds cliché-ness within a mostly bland, typical rom-com that offers some enjoyment to justify its one-time viewing. (B-)

(Full review TBD)
½ July 2, 2017
I found this on Netflix and considered it worth the chance due to my fondness of both Bullock and Grant. The two lead characters are quite good but what undermines the good work is a thin plot storyline and the lack of chemistry the characters share. They didn't deserve the rom com ending and I was a little frustrated by the forced conclusion. The film tries very hard to create a fun and likable romantic comedy but Bullock doesn't seem all that interested with the film. She normally nails the slapstick goofy character but here, the character is too intelligent and liked by most. Grant never feels comfortable in the role and attempts a more normal character compared to the bumbling characters he normally portrays. Not without moments but unfortunately it doesn't work for me and I normally enjoy a rom com with some funny awkward moments. 02-07-2017.
June 21, 2017
Nice chemistry between Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock :)
June 15, 2017
Okay chick flick. Seen better, seen worse.
May 19, 2017
The story is terribly told. this is an example of a show that rests on two fun actors, and nothing else...
½ February 12, 2017
Thought this was very delightful. An intelligent but bumbling lawyer gets a job working for a rich idiot.
February 12, 2017
Cookie cutter romantic comedy. So if you like bell and star shaped sugar cookies at xmas, you may enjoy this film, but not love it.
February 1, 2017
It's good movie to watch
March 24, 2016
good story, quite funny and feat sandra bullock so obviously it's gonna be good
½ February 14, 2016
I am always a fan of anything with Sandra Bullock and whilst this was not her best movie it was entertaining enough and was funny in places.
½ October 30, 2015
Typically Sappy, Feel-Good Story That Is Cheesy & Full Of Sloppy Soppy Moments.. Spare Yourself The Pain Maybe? It's Not Going To Be Anything You Haven't Seen Before.
August 31, 2015
Hugh Grant is awful in this and there is absolutely no chemistry between the two leads. Not one I'll watch again but there are definitely worse rom-coms' out there.
August 15, 2015
The interesting dynamic of a boss & a workaholic assistant.
July 16, 2015
They Came Together was one of my favorite films of 2014, so it's hard for me to watch these Hollywood studio, bubble-gum romcoms with any sort of sincerity. This makes it that much more impressive that the cute performances from Grant and Bullock, quick pacing, and old-fashioned screwball dialogue bolster this otherwise generic script to be a good-natured good-time.
June 27, 2015
so cute, prefect role for Hugh Grant. they are good together. it not the best story line, but it is easy forgiven with the scene with Sandra and Hugh.
½ June 16, 2015
Who in the modern day of Romantic Comedies have done more of them than Bullock and Grant?So what the hell happened here
April 17, 2015
They make a great pair.
½ April 17, 2015
This is one of those rom-coms that does something unique: it actually gets you to care about the characters who are supposed to be together. The way this movie does it is by having these characters actually be good people, despite their differing ideologies, an achievement that is difficult enough to manage in real life, let alone in a movie. There aren't any memorable lines, but the charm of both Sandra Bullock and Hugh Grant is enough to make this movie worth watching.
½ April 4, 2015
It's only bad if you're sure Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock can't make a good movie. Ok you may be right but I liked it.