The Ugly Truth Reviews

• Aug 19, 2019

Bracketed by insipid characters and off-beat speckles of something that can vaguely be called comedy, The Ugly Truth is one giant false stereotype that undermines the intelligence of both men and women.

• Jun 04, 2019

Garbage. There is legitimately nothing redeeming about this movie. Bullying, assaulting, misogynistic humor no longer plays. it should have been pulled.

• May 24, 2019

It's not that the acting is bad in this film; I enjoyed both Heigl's and Butler's performances, and they appeared to have chemistry. Unfortunately though, the underlying message of this movie is bullshit and the storyline is pathetic. It may be mildly entertaining, but it also pissed me off and that's not really what I look for in a romantic comedy. I'm shocked that this script was written by women...

• Mar 12, 2019

You know, the truth is that not all clichï¿ 1/2 (C)d movies suck. In fact, a movie that sticks to the traditional rom-com formula is often great! I personally loved this movie! It was entertaining and the perfect thing for my girlfriends and I to watch! Overall, The Ugly Truth is a clichï¿ 1/2 (C)d yet still funny rom-com thatï¿ 1/2(TM)ll entertain you for the time it lasts!

• Feb 21, 2019

I really love this movie and I don't usually watch RomComs. This movie is fun and with heart. The chemistry between the leads is so good and both stars are charming in this movie. I know some line should have polished more and sure, this movie is formulaic but it works in this case because of the execution, at least for me. The cast delivered the big portion of the comedic and the dramatic/romantic scenes. Give this movie a chance, a highly recommended flick

• Jan 16, 2019

I am not with the critics on this one. This movie was really funny. It was a relief from the overabundant â~f@ck this f@ck that and @sshole routine insults that some diluded souls think is humor... Though Heigl is not a great actress, Butler makes up for it, in fact it is a joy seeing this guy in comedy and he may be one of the few actors that can really convince as a hero, a criminal, psychopath, loving boyfriend or romantic lead. I guess the critics just do not like predictable formulas ? Whatever. Only weak points were that some changes came to quickly and to easy, like the dismissal of surgeon boyfriend and a few other scenes that should have lasted a bit longer for credibilities sake. Anyway, the chemistry was there.

• Jun 18, 2018

What a waste of film and time. I'll never get that 1 hour and 36 minutes back.

What a waste of film and time. I'll never get that 1 hour and 36 minutes back.

• Jun 12, 2018

An awful, sexist train wreck that you just can’t look away from.

An awful, sexist train wreck that you just can’t look away from.

• Jun 09, 2018

Cute rom com. Worth a one time watch.

Cute rom com. Worth a one time watch.

• Mar 09, 2018

Not sure why it got slammed by the critics, but then again who cares. Yes it might not win any oscars, but it's still watchable and an average rom com. Good chemistry between the two and some ok performances by elsewhere.