Underdog Reviews

• Nov 06, 2020

Begins well, but soon deteriotiates into a disappointment - culminating with an incredibly forced 'gag reel' in the end credits. 'Underdog' means well and is, in all honesty, a harmless 81 minute film. As touched on, it does start off fairly promisingly. I liked how Peter Dinklage and Patrick Warburton were introduced, while the set up for the dog isn't as bad as it could've been. It does other decent things, like the effects for Underdog are solid and the quippy, rhyme-filled dialogue for him actually, somehow, works. However, it ultimately suffers from tedious story creation and execution. As the film goes on, I felt less and less interested in the premise and also nonplussed about the superhero dog - the gimmick wears off quick, even for what is a short production. The end shebang is also very boring. I can't say I disliked this majorly, to be fair. It's just a poor and forgettable 2007 film from Disney.

• Sep 02, 2020

A bland superhero movie based off of a '60s cartoon I've never heard of done in a Rocky & Bullwinkle art style, Underdog has decent CGI effects, there apparently was proper research done this time unlike the blatant disrespect towards Inspector Gadget and Jason Lee does a good job voicing the titular character making his lines much more entertaining to listen to than if it was anybody else. But the acting from real people is stilted other than the hammy villains, the script is your average family comedy stuff, the action's not that great, the humour is juvenile despite Jason Lee making things more tolerable and the direction is clumsy (though what else can you expect when you get the director of everybody's favourite animated movie from the '90s, Quest for Camelot to make a film adaptation of a relatively obscure cartoon?). Theme song was cool, though. Underdog wasn't the worst live-action movie based off of a cartoon but it isn't very good, failing to stand out amongst both that pack and the superhero genre. Which is certainly not a good sign when you realize that in the pre-Marvel days, Disney had some actually pretty solid superhero movies of their own. But alas, Underdog is not one of those movies.

• Aug 30, 2020

This is the third movie I wanted to watch again during quarantine life.

This is the third movie I wanted to watch again during quarantine life.

• Aug 11, 2020

Very sloppy and rushed. The jokes just felt thrown together desperately to get a giggle out of somebody, hopefully. It lacked enthusiasm, genuinity, and punch. Possibly will itch some nostalgia for fans of the original cartoon, but overall a pretty weak effort. Could've been a straight to video/TV movie. There were some cool remixes of the original theme though.

• Jun 12, 2020

Kids may enjoy it, but adults will avoid it because of its dated jokes, derivative plot, and unremarkable production values.

• Apr 20, 2020

Hyster watching this I think you need to make a no one but this time we're better but I love it don't make sense but I love it This time new characters like Dwayne Johnson sound good or more but it may be a main character Weeaboo it

• Feb 28, 2020

This movie is 11 underrated, I love it so much and it might be kinda maybe bad and the cg is old but screw it I like it.

• Oct 24, 2019

La mejor película que e visto cuando era niño además de tener buenos efectos y músicas increíbles de 11/10

• Sep 09, 2019

I really dont know why i watched this movie in 2019, and why I'm reviewing this but here I am. Anyways, its not good. The voice acting/acting was very bland. Its pretty cringy a lot of the times and just becomes very awkward with the "jokes". The cgi is horrible and ugly. 10/10, would'nt reccomend

• Jul 24, 2019

The people who dislike this movie are the reason dogs bite people.

The people who dislike this movie are the reason dogs bite people.