Underworld Reviews

• 2d ago

A pretty good story, graphics are amazing, and casting was definitely spot on. I thoroughly enjoyed this entire franchise, there are of course some better than others, but if you are looking for a kickass heroine with a compelling story behind her character, this is the movie franchise for you.

• Jul 25, 2019

It has some serious flaws but if your willing to gloss over them, then you can have a pretty good time.

• May 26, 2019

Tried too hard to be stylish and cool, while also overdramtic, that being said, it still keeps your attention from beginning to end, and I found Selene to be - though probably not popularly described - very sweet.

• May 01, 2019

Underworld is, and always will be, a guilty pleasure film. It isn't masterfully created or brilliantly written. It's a dumb fun action film that at times can leave you open mouthed at the spectacle of awesomeness that greets you with every shot. And while the story at times can be a bit tedious when explanations are needed, the film rushes back to its peak whenever battle takes place. It's no timeless classic, but it is timelessly epic.

• Mar 29, 2019

Great plot and has great camera work. Wasn't bored at any point during the movie. It's like if Resident Evil took it up a notch to the first Matrix movie sort of.

• Mar 25, 2019

One of my favorites. Truly great story where Vampires and Lycans (werewolves) collide. Really starts getting into the history

• Mar 16, 2019

Solid and stylish, this title holds up well after watching 16 years after initial release. Beckinsale has that “it” factor that makes me tune into a genre I generally don’t watch. Due to the black levels of the film, watching on Blu-Ray much preferable over HBO Go (how I watched), which suffers from major compression issues in the darker scenes that the physical media does not.

• Mar 08, 2019

My favourite actress in entertaining movie = 5 stars

My favourite actress in entertaining movie = 5 stars

• Mar 07, 2019

Love the take on the vampire werewolf / Lycan battle. Definitely adds a lot to the legends

• Jan 19, 2019

Underworld started out as some dumb fun with its share of pretty cgi filled action scenes along with a bit of cheese such as the constant overacting and the rather silly sexy cat suit. In addition, I actually kind of liked Michael's character arc of a human coming to terms with the new life thrust upon him. I was a bit surprised to see that bit of a seriousness there. About halfway through the film though, I couldn't decide which side to root for after the film explained the origins of the war. Normally, this detail could be seen as a sort of "both sides are just as bad as each other" conflict, but despite wanting revenge (and understandably so), the lycans really didn't have that great enough lower ground to get me to despise them in the end. This was fun to look at and all, but I'm not sure if I'd recommend it or if I even liked it that much. Just one big pile of meh.