Uptown Girls - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Uptown Girls Reviews

June 9, 2016
An alright movie. Not that great.
April 23, 2016
Unbearably obnoxious adult coming of age tale seemingly directed at preteen girls.
January 17, 2016
Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning are cute together, but this was a lot heavier than I expected. The ending was very cheesy too, but otherwise it's not bad movie. (First and only viewing - 7/6/2015)
November 27, 2015
Such a good movie with a very eyes opening scripts and characters. It also made me cry though
½ August 2, 2015
I personally love this movie from when I was younger, but re watching it now I can see why it got bad reviews. Very silly and odd
June 23, 2015
Murphy is good, fanning is a little bitch, the music is somber, and everybody cries a lot. Not exactly my kind of movie.
April 9, 2015
need to get this on flixster
February 17, 2015
Rich girl loses everything and must take a job as caretaker to a bratty rich girl.
February 14, 2015
An easy-to-watch movie, and exactly as predictable as you'd expect. Good for a Saturday afternoon.
February 1, 2015
In a regular day, my best friend was watching this movie, and I was wondering what she thought of it as I get curious about things like this. My best friend says that she loves it which I was wondering if I should watch it and then she said yes. I was worried about Uptown Girls because it has bad reviews, and the trailer didn't made it better either. So I tried to ignore those and just watch the movie with an open thought. In a surprising moment, I actually liked it, I didn't love it like my best friend did, but I like it. At first with the beginning, I was hating the main characters and was finding them a bit annoying, but when the movie keeps going, I was starting to grow on them. I was a bit bothered that with Dakota Fanning's character, she don't like touching things because of germs, but there were moments that she was touching things that people already touch. The plot is formulaic, and the beginning was a bit hard to sit through. The middle and end got better however, it was funny, and the chemistry between Molly and Ray is good. I'm genuinely surprised that I even like the movie and my best friend's recommendation of movies are getting better from a bad start like Romeo And Juliet, to a masterpiece like Gone Girl, I was actually interested in Gone Girl until she said that it's amazing film which got me excited more for it, to a good movie like Uptown Girls.
December 29, 2014
dakota fanning keeps this movie going
December 4, 2014
Brittany Murphy and Dakota Fanning star in the fun, lighthearted comedy Uptown Girls. When the daughter of a former rock star loses her trust fund she's forced to take a job as a nanny for a rigid, uptight 8-year-old girl. The story is rather formulaic and the characters are a little cliche, but Murphy and Fanning have great chemistry together and are able to elevate the material. Additionally, the film has a nice message about the trails and bonds of friendship. Uptown Girls is pretty much a by the numbers buddy comedy, but there's also some charm to it too.
October 4, 2014
Quick movie. Lacks depth. Cute through and through.
July 28, 2014
A touching ending. I think Dakota Fanning acted a hundred times better than Brittany Murphy!
½ July 20, 2014
Nothing special, but actually watchable.
½ July 15, 2014
Predictable, boring, and wastes the talent of Boaz Yakin, Uptown Girls is a boring film and Dakota Fanning is an annoying brat.
July 7, 2014
It was a fun and interesting movie :)
June 24, 2014
Not very good but it has its moments . good cast and as is always the case Dakota is great
½ April 21, 2014
Great movie filmed with charm and heart.