Uptown Girls Reviews

• Sep 19, 2019

Worth a watch for Brittany Murphy's charming performance and Dakota Fannings fine performance but the story is generic and nothing new

• Sep 18, 2019

LITERALLY THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD

LITERALLY THE BEST MOVIE IN THE WORLD

• Aug 31, 2019

This movie is amazing I was 7 the first time I saw this and now I am 23 and this movie still connects to me ❤️

• May 05, 2019

Dakota Fanning and Brittany Murphy compliment each other well. It is a coming of age story, and was most likely targeted towards women somewhere between their late teens and early thirties (sleepover material). For that, I believe this movie satisfies, and it should be appreciated for what it is. The main characters lead un-relatable lives and convey oppositely strong personalities that are hard to resonate with. Nonetheless, they somehow manage to earn your hope and sympathy while conveying a couple of meaningful messages along the way. The movie also offers overall strong performances from it's two leading ladies. Murphy is a ray of sunshine, and an eight year old Dakota Fanning manages to far exceed just getting the job done.

• Apr 27, 2019

Surrendered to be cliched and struggled to mostly maintain the ideological focus that has threatened to sidestep the emotional center, it's still a sweet satisfaction over the charming dynamic of Murphy and Fanning while being decently nuanced. (B) (Full review TBD)

• Apr 01, 2019

A heartwarming kids movie with good chemistry coming from Dakota Fanning and Brittany Murphy. Both play two different characters but you enjoy seeing them learning to like each other. Dakota Fanning acts like an adult throughout the film kind of like her performance in The Cat in the Hat but in the end she becomes a normal little girl and Brittany Murphy becomes the mom that Dakota Fanning never had.

• Jan 04, 2019

This movie is my WHOLE CHILDHOOD. RIP to legend Brittany Murphy, this movie made me laugh and weep and if you dismiss this movie as obnoxious fluff then you're a misogynist sorry!!! I stan forever. Also Sheets Of Egyptian Cotton is a timeless bop. bye

• Dec 08, 2018

the only people that wouldn't like this movie are film purists with sticks up their asses or middle aged men. it was a good, wholesome movie.

• Jul 20, 2018

Great movie and even better Soundtrack.

Great movie and even better Soundtrack.

• May 16, 2017

This movie is an incredible example of a friendship between an adult and a child, and how adults can learned from the young people in their lives. It's a bad example of a chick flick because the romance takes a total back seat to the relationship between Brittany Murphy's and Dakota Fanning's characters. It's a story about two young women figuring out life, and grappling with death. It's so powerful and incredibly underrated!