Urbanized - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Urbanized Reviews

December 25, 2015
Just like Helvetica and Objectified, this Gary Hustwit documentary is so good that it leaves you wanting more. Fresh ideas are discussed at how cities are changing, while also providing the necessary context of how we got where we are now. Well paced, beautifully shot, and every second is brain food.
January 22, 2015
This film absolutely moves the paradigm of what our cities could and should be like. I definitely recommend it to any urban planner, architect, councilmember, planning commissioner, city manager and citizen group. The best film on Landscape Design I have ever seen.
May 25, 2014
"this is the century for city lovers"

muito bacana. e o mais curioso é que brasília foi utilizada como exemplo não-tão-bom, enquanto o rio foi tido como positivo (pelo menos no aspecto em que mostraram, né).
May 3, 2014
An interesting collection of inspirational segments and examples of contemporary thinking.
January 27, 2014
Very informative. Maybe a little blurry on the main subject but definitely can give you a lot of knowledge. And of course it's beautifully shot.
½ August 29, 2013
Insightful. Inspiring.
½ May 14, 2013
Interesante pero falto de mas investigación a mi gusto, sale muy superficial y se queda uno como con las ganas. Tiene algunas buenas entrevistas pero nada que sea la locura. Vale verlo más por cultura general.
½ May 14, 2013
May 5, 2013
Wonderful and informative documentary on the effects (negative and positive) of urbanization worldwide.
April 22, 2013
very interesting documentary
½ April 19, 2013
very interesting info about cities.
March 26, 2013
A well-made documentary about the fascinating topic of urban design.
March 23, 2013
Very cool. But then again, I love design.
½ March 3, 2013
Una de las grandes problematicas actuales radica en la planeacion urbana. Las ciudades crecen y las necesidades cambian pero el gobierno enfoca sus recursos en centralizar los sectores comerciales e industriales y por ello se genera una explotacion incontrolable de recursos. "Urbanized" es un documental que nos permite adquirir una perspectiva objetiva del problema con ejemplos alrededor del mundo y mediante entrevistas a arquitectos (tan importantes como Norman Foster, Rem Koolhaas o el recién fallecido Oscar Niemeyer) ademas de planeadores y pobladores.
"Urbanized" es una propuesta informativa y sumamente interesante. Recomendable.
½ February 15, 2013
An interesting, and more importantly, global perspective on the power of cities. "Urbanized" gives our lives context through its acute attention to details.
½ February 5, 2013
Very interesting, but loses focus in the second half.
½ February 4, 2013
Starts out strong but eventually devolves in to emotionally fueled nonsense.
December 16, 2012
Interesting content, and ultimately enjoyable, but it's irritatingly lacking in structure (just as I found with Helvetica and Objectified)
December 16, 2012
An insight into how the world population is growing and relocating to big cities and how that is affecting us.
½ November 16, 2012