Vampire Academy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vampire Academy Reviews

½ July 16, 2017
I wish it had really stuck more to the book.
July 5, 2017
WOW......WOW.....WOW.....SO SO SO SO SO BAD......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SO SO SO DREADFUL, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH.......WARNING THIS MOVIE CONTAINS STROBE LIGHTNING EFFECTS THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE......MAN THIS IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MESSY MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH AN AWFUL MOVIE 2 WATCH, IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL IT IS SUCH A BAD MOVIE 2 WATCH, JUST AVOID THIS MOVIE AT ALL COSTS IT IS THAT BAD.....JUST DO NOT WATCH THIS MOVIE IT IS SO AWFUL.......ITS GOT A GOOD SOUNDTRACK THROUGHOUT THIS MOVIE.....BUT MAN THIS MOVIE IS SO SO SO AWFUL 2 WATCH....
May 27, 2017
The concept is not bad but I think there are many unnecessary funny and sarcastic scenes.
May 18, 2017
I loved it I wished they made a 2 movie
April 28, 2017
First I want to say that I am a huge Vampire Academy fan of the books. I bought the first book the year it was released in on 2007. And I read the book in less then 2 days. When the second book came out I bought it on release day. And read it in 1 day. And this goes on until the last book of Vampire Academy. And later on I bought the spin off series Bloodlines; again on release day. read in one day and etc... And I have been re reading all the books on and on. So when I heard that they were going to release a movie for Vampire Academy. I was very worried and not that excited for it. Why? because the books are amazing. and these days when books are made into movies, the movies kind of ruin the books. When I read the books I create the characters in my mind. I think of how they are described in the books, their personalities, and how they look in my mind. So I create the perfect characters in my mind. And the books become even more amazing. Because I am using my imagination. I picture in my mind how the characters look, and I feel like I am part of this amazing story. So when they started releasing the cast names of the movie. I was very disappointed. The actors look nothing like how they are described in the book! and from the trailers I watched, it wasn't at all how I pictured it in my mind. and the advertisements are not helping at all. "They suck at school" etc... This is supposed to be a serious action movie. The guardians are going to protect the royals. You cant put these kinds of cheesy stuff. I have read the reviews for the movie. And people who have not read the books. Will think this is just like twilight. Even though us fans know very well it is not! but the movie they made completely ruins the books. THEY make it look like its just some teenage twilight drama boring movie.
Okay so now I wanted to re read the first Vampire Academy book again. And now when I picture the characters for some reason the actors are coming to my mind. And so now this has ruined my imagination of the book completely!!! now I am just disappointed and will definitely not be watching the movie. They should have just left it how it was. The books are the BEST! and they are enough for me. My imagination is much better then what they have released in the movie. So for those who have not read the books, but watched the movie and disliked it. Please read the books and you wont be disappointed. Some critics wrote that they can't believe they have released so many books of Vampire Academy. First of all the books are NOTHING like the movie! I am hoping that the characters I have created in my mind will stay how it is and I can go back to reading my favourite books and enjoy my imagination.
½ April 25, 2017
This felt like it started halfway through and then proceeded to explain itself for the next 10 mins. A Harry Potter/Twilight wannabe. Binned
April 24, 2017
I loved the books, so I was incredibly disappointed in this film adaption. Just awful.
March 28, 2017
Vampire Academy, is a film that definitely leaves a lot of stuff out from the books, which is why this movie isn't good. Also, because had a very stuffy and quickly made backstory:(
March 21, 2017
Great movie for vampire-movie fans!
½ March 9, 2017
This movie is a mess. I haven't read the books, but I can imagine there is a lot of backstory that they kind of tried to stuff into the movie. Ugh...
½ March 8, 2017
This book had potential to be a great movie and they bombed it. Very disappointed.
½ February 26, 2017
This is almost unwatchable. It's like having tiny needles imbedded in your brain. It's so bad it's funny and then it's just sad.
February 19, 2017
good vampire series. ..
February 13, 2017
Hate when they make only the first book. So not fair .
January 1, 2017
Another quality film to ring in the New Year. Really disappointed there won't be a sequel.
December 3, 2016
A GREAT BAD movie!

Thanks again @HDTGM!
½ October 16, 2016
Strange movie. The storyline was difficult to follow. I did get a few good laughs at parts that weren't meant to be funny.
October 14, 2016
I know a lot happened in this film but I could t tell you what. It feels like it took a lot of things that were popular in film in the early 2000's and just crammed them all in here. I'm sure the books are fine but this was not.
October 11, 2016
IDK what the hell is wrong with people liking this movie. It's nothing Special, but it's good, way better than most other vamp movies, and television showes. It's not another Hollywood bullshit movie.
September 7, 2016
Reads like a movie written by a Russian billionaire's emo son that he had his dad finance to keep the son from getting into trouble. It wasn't though, it is based on a YA novel.
Lead Zoe Deutch is fantastic working against the wooden, forced acting of the rest of the cast. She manages to find agency without any help.