Vampire Academy - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Vampire Academy Reviews

½ October 16, 2016
Strange movie. The storyline was difficult to follow. I did get a few good laughs at parts that weren't meant to be funny.
October 14, 2016
I know a lot happened in this film but I could t tell you what. It feels like it took a lot of things that were popular in film in the early 2000's and just crammed them all in here. I'm sure the books are fine but this was not.
October 11, 2016
IDK what the hell is wrong with people liking this movie. It's nothing Special, but it's good, way better than most other vamp movies, and television showes. It's not another Hollywood bullshit movie.
September 7, 2016
Reads like a movie written by a Russian billionaire's emo son that he had his dad finance to keep the son from getting into trouble. It wasn't though, it is based on a YA novel.
Lead Zoe Deutch is fantastic working against the wooden, forced acting of the rest of the cast. She manages to find agency without any help.
½ September 7, 2016
I love Zoey Deutsch's acting. The story was compelling. The movie was fast paced, but that's appealing to me.
I like movies in which the amount of beautiful guys is as large as the amount of beautiful girls. VA does a good job at that.
½ August 19, 2016
Absolutely terrible. It's a big let down and waste of your time.
August 8, 2016
Rotten for Sure. This turd sucked the blood out of me.
July 29, 2016
No!!! Didn't do the series justice at all!
July 25, 2016
No No No!
Not with the Vampires again,
If I seen this movie and could give it a grade, I'd give it a 0
July 19, 2016
Please stop this vampire fashion movies! It's getting out of hand and every new one is worse than the one before...
½ July 14, 2016
The Vampire Academy series written by Richelle Mead is one of my favourite book series of all time. This adaptation suffers from miscasting, poor acting, and weak script. I hope Vampire Academy will get its second chance like City of Bones did through its reboot, the TV show, Shadowhunters.
½ June 28, 2016
It was ok, but the movie moved around too much and left a lot of questions open for someone that has not read the books. Even with someone reading the books, there were many key points that were missed.
June 16, 2016
great i want to watch it again
June 3, 2016
While I agree the production and cinematography needed work, overall I liked this movie. If you read the book, this movie followed the book very closely and as a fan of the book I quite enjoyed the movie. It's frustrating to see 30 - 50 year old men and women rating a movie meant for girls 15 - 25. This movie was more for the fans who contributed to its crowdfunding than outsiders unfamiliar with the "overstuffed backstory".
May 30, 2016
Very lazy vampire film. Decent story and good concept , but the execution was poorly done.
½ April 26, 2016
This movie was so bad. And it's so disappointing seeing as the book series wasn't so bad. The movie was fast paced yet droned on. It was humourless, dry, and flat. The dialogue was horrible, the actors weren't at all connected to the story. It was such a mess. It had no correlation. They would use quotes from the book in the worst moments or in moments that didn't make sense. They did stick to plot of the original book however.
April 20, 2016
Why did I watch this.
April 19, 2016
Plot was kind of confusing, and I found the acting to be quite poor.
April 10, 2016
the books were extroidinary. I agree the movie tried for a humerous view and ruined a lot of the books sense of despair, seriousness, and passion. never the less, the movie was exceptional.
½ March 12, 2016
i love the books. But i hate the movie. I mean if they changed the director, screenplay, costume designer, and maybe the special effects it wouldn't be so bad. Oh wait never mind because the cast would still be terrible.