Vice Reviews

• 3d ago

Vice is actually good political comedy/drama film.

Vice is actually good political comedy/drama film.

• Jan 13, 2021

If you can suspend your political affiliation and allow yourself to enjoy a decidedly skewed, heavily dramatised and incomplete account of Cheney's life you will thoroughly enjoy this film. The cast play a blinder - Carell was an inspired choice, chewing up any scene he's in - and there is a wealth of really interesting subject material to draw upon. Despite its advertised biases, the film succeeds in humanising it's characters and avoids the temptation of demonising them completely. The pacing is good, the dialogue is sharp and the there is some welcome comic relief throughout. Watch.

• Jan 03, 2021

An intense look into how Cheney become the silent producer of ISIS. A good political blend/blur on comedy and drama.

• Dec 01, 2020

Movie was fucking good I saw this movie two times in a row so I can understand this movie. movie is fun but heavy.

• Nov 12, 2020

They don't let Christian Bale do anything. 70% of the dialogue comes from an unseen narrator. Bale, meanwhile, adds a couple comments and moves from scene to scene, but the movie feels like a diorama being narrated in a bird's eye view.

• Nov 06, 2020

Really freaking good. The performances (especially Bale, Adams, and Rockwell) really put it over the top for me. The dialogue and structure of the film were pretty good as well. And while the 1st ending (before the Cheney monologue) really kinda erased any humanization of Cheney, I feel like McKay did a pretty good job of making Cheney feel like an underdog. I especially like the fake out credit roll in the middle of the movie. That was a nice touch.

• Oct 26, 2020

A rambling series of scatter gun pot shots. Far closer resembles the rantings of a never visited blog in the dark recesses of the web or the partisan comments of an anonymous twitter user than a developed and coherent plot.

• Oct 25, 2020

Possibly a decent watch and no denying bales transformation. The story just isn't enticing if you know the basics. A lot of talking nothing too crazy. Really hard to finish.

• Oct 24, 2020

Vice, led by the Phenomenal Christian Bale and Amy Adams, is a Biopic about Dick Cheney the most Powerful VP in History. The Character Tranformation from the Beginning to the End, through its Excellent Makeup/Prosthetics, is really Outstanding so the Academy Award for that was well deserved. And I just like Adam McKay in general as a Filmmaker and EP along with his Producing Buddy Will Ferrell. There where even 1 or 2 funny Scenes. RATING: 4,5

• Sep 28, 2020

It was very well cast and gave me a few laughs which is more than I can say for most of the comedies that are created for that purpose. As far as a historical record of what really went on & the players involved I would say it is very off base but I found it entertaining all the same. Lighten up on the subject and you just may enjoy it.