Wanderlust - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wanderlust Reviews

July 15, 2017
Not overly fussed about this film. Bit disappointing considering the 2 strong main actors at the forefront. There seems to be very little point to it and so I found I didn't really care what happened to the characters.
There are a few moments that deserve a chuckle and a brilliantly uncomfortable scene with Rudd trying to "sex himself up"...but overall it is fairly bland.
The plot doesn't really go anywhere and the philosophy of being free and living a world without boundaries is lost in a pool of constant hippie stereotypes. I wanted to laugh, but found myself more annoyed than amused most of the time.
June 27, 2017
People slating this need to get a grip! Actually hadn't heard of this before (maybe explains why didn't take as expected at box office?) and I love Rudd and Apatow films. Was really pleased it was really funny and I laughed out loud most of the way through and that is quite rare. Aniston and Rudd work really well together, both really great performances and their chemistry works well. Funniest film I've seen Aniston apart from Friends and I reckon? Justin Theroux was a nice surprise too, actually never seen him anything before and thought he was a great comedic actor. Perfect witty rom com. Well acted by all and great script/direction. What more do you need?! :)
½ June 19, 2017
Good performances from Paul Rudd, Jennifer Aniston, and Jordan Peele give this movie the edge it needs with great writing
½ May 27, 2017
I could probably write a template for this kind of movie. Really funny (unsurprisingly, considering my love of Childrens Hospital) but the plot is so dumb that it actually starts to get annoying in the third act. Like at a certain point they had to sigh and say, fine, we have to introduce conflict now, let's just get it over with. Super funny, though.
April 7, 2017
Wanderlust is hilarious, I pretty much laughed from start to finish.
February 23, 2017
A few chuckes. Mainly from Rudd. A text book twitch off Aniston. Theroux is the balls. Good fun.
½ October 16, 2016
As someone who has moved for the city to the (hippy-style) country this movie is spot-on. Admittedly it does wane from a certain point, but it is fun.
September 25, 2016
Hilarious! Best movie ever made.
½ September 8, 2016
a lot of giggles and LOLs, standard fare third act that prevents it from being a favorite. too funny to only give 3 stars, tho.
½ August 19, 2016
Growing up during the peak time of Hippies and communes in the madcap late sixties, all of the themes here are so familiar, and played for hilarity. I laughed at this movie so much! Really funny. I have to wonder why it didn't have a better percentage form the audience and make a lot more money. Paul
Rudd and Jennifer Aniston have made a good couple before and did here again and Alan Alda is always good, so it makes for a very enjoyable watch.
August 7, 2016
Very entertaining. The plot is typical but the underlying humor that comes through from the great comedians in this movie make you laugh all the way through it.
½ July 31, 2016
Just ok. Some lol funny moments.
jamrcla
½ July 29, 2016
A different kind of comedy that doesn't seem to lead anywere intresting, It tries to pick itself up but ends up falling at the first attempt, With allot of dry humour that isn't for everyones taste but the cast did well with what they were given.
½ July 18, 2016
Not too bad for how well it may have done (especially on the audience side). An enjoyable enough comedy with a unique setting, good well-known actors, and of course the momentary humor.
July 1, 2016
Wanderlust is a decent movie. It has some laughs and has an okay plot. It has some great actors and actresses. I would somewhat suggest this movie.
June 11, 2016
This movie was much better than I expected, considering the ratings. It was all you'd want a comedy like this to be: Funny, with enough of a storyline, and silly, but not stupid.
½ April 17, 2016
Tediosa con lapsos comicos, nada mas
½ April 2, 2016
Wanderlust starts off as a romantic-comedy set in New York City that pokes fun of a modern times living in the city with Paul Rudd and Jennifer Aniston as a married couple. When things go south for the two, they literally head south to live with Paul Rudd's brother in Georgia on the way they stop over night at a somewhat hippie commune and that's when the movie goes from rom-com to raunchy. Everything leading up to the commune I enjoyed after that is when it started to fall apart for me. It begins a downward spiral that hits sometimes with the humor but mostly misses or takes a good joke and takes it too far.
February 11, 2016
Funny, but faulted, Wanderlust is the kind of obvious film that gets more from it's oddball cast that it's average plot.
½ January 14, 2016