Watchmen Reviews

• 9h ago

Too long and not very entertaining.

Too long and not very entertaining.

• Aug 02, 2020

I have the director’s cut (which is better than the theatrical release) and while I do like it, kickass 1 and 2 are way better because those two have a more satirical approach to the “what if superheroes actually existed” scenario and they’re more fun and over the top. I guess you really gotta be in the mood to put on watchmen and another mention is sin city 1 and 2, those two are also dark and gritty and serious and was the inspiration for watchmen but I watch those two a lot more due to it having familiar faces and popping out more

• Aug 01, 2020

6 bags, a big blue dong, a flying owl, and a lot of mature subject matter! Zach Snyder does a shot for shot remake of the comic, except for a bunch of fight choreography he added, and changing the ending in a significant manner. He proves he can't tell a story once again, and he would go on to fail at telling stories for many (failed) franchises to come! That's okay though, what the studio has to know is that it's all about the 3 hour director's cuts with Snyder. You make all the money later, when fans complain and want his cut of the movie and not the guy who you replaced him with. Watchmen only had like 2 or 3 director's cuts, and I think I watched the theatrical cut on HBO. Why does HBO have such bad playback? What do I pay them for? Why does the screen get stuck on a big blue phallus? This movie had great casting, except for if I had casted it I would re-case everyone except Rorschach. It's only because this is movie for comics geeks that bland actors who are mainly on tv now had to play everyone. It would also have been better if they used one of the blue man group for Dr. Manhattan because less $ on CGI, and the character would be more realistic looking and relatable with respect to what he's packing. How does Silk Spectre wind up with Nite Owl after having gotten with Dr. Manhattan, he was such a freak! He was cold and emotionally distant, it was cool.

• Jul 31, 2020

Having finally gotten around to watching this movie in its entirity (getting 2/3rds through when it came out when I was 12 before deciding it was too much for me), I loved a lot of it. The feel and style and grittiness of it is Snyder at his best, and tonally it works. My only main issue is that there are times where the movie gets so sidetracked by the origins stories of the protagonists, I'm looking at you Dr Manhattan, that it interupts the flow of the movie to such an extent that the ending feels nowhere near as impactful as it could have been. The graphic novels I imagine handle this much better as they have more time, and I would have happily sat through an extra half an hour if it meant a more well rounded movie. However it was still an amazing movie, some great performances and a better Batman voice than the caped crusader himself.

• Jul 28, 2020

Yeah, human bean juice. Watchmen, this movie is just brilliant. The movie's got an amazing plot twist, which is built up so well. The cast's acting throughout this movie is pretty solid and so is the dialogue, the dialogue is really good. Also, the action sequences throughout this movie are very graphic, brutal and gory but they're outstandingly good, especially that prison cell scene. The cinematography from Larry Fong is pretty good and he captures the scenes pretty well, either that being a scene with the main characters or a graphic action sequence. Finally, the movie's got a great soundtrack, I think that's another positive for this movie, it's got some amazing songs from start to finish. The only two negative's, I've got with this movie would have to be why does Rorschach (Jackie Earle Haley) sound so much like Batman throughout this movie, don't get me wrong he's a brilliant character throughout this movie but why does he sound so much like Batman. The final negative, I've got with this movie would have to be, why the fuck did they use Simon and Garfunkel - The Song Of Silence. The song doesn't make you feel sad at all, all it does, is that it makes you feel the complete opposite. It makes you laugh instead of feel upset, the reason being for this is because on how much it's been memed to death, lol. Overall, Watchmen is a brilliant movie. The movie's got an amazing plot twist, pretty solid acting, great dialogue, very graphic and brutal action sequences. The movie's also got some pretty good cinematography and it's even got a great soundtrack. It's honestly worth the watch, I'd highly recommend this to anyone who enjoys very graphic and brutal movie's with an amazing plot twist.

• Jul 26, 2020

Back when R rated comicbook movies didn't feel forced. Watchmen is one hell of a ride.

• Jul 25, 2020

this move was purely awful, it is a stain on all superhero movies alike

this move was purely awful, it is a stain on all superhero movies alike

• Jul 21, 2020

I had my reservations at nearly 3 hours long...but pleasantly surprised...wonderfully imaginative story and some great characters all well acted...great fight scenes and soundtrack aswell...a few slow moments and the story was at times difficult to follow but well directed for me a zach synder triumph

• Jul 17, 2020

If you think this was not a good or well-made movie, you either have the patience of a child or just simply are not smart enough.

• Jul 14, 2020

Zack Snyder's signature style is a perfect match to adapt Alan Moore's masterpiece story. Sadly, Watchmen,(like all of Alan Moore's stories), are tailored to it's original medium and can never be truly given the justice this story deserves. It's a competent and beautifully stylized production that lacks the complexity and depth of the graphic novel.