The Waterboy Reviews

• 5d ago

Pretty awful. One funny line and it wasn’t from Adam Sandler.

Pretty awful. One funny line and it wasn’t from Adam Sandler.

• Aug 07, 2019

Flush it down the toilet.

Flush it down the toilet.

• Jul 18, 2019

Not Adam Sandlers best work but its certainly not his worst

Not Adam Sandlers best work but its certainly not his worst

• May 17, 2019

One of the best sports comedies of all time. Absolutely hilarious throughout!

One of the best sports comedies of all time. Absolutely hilarious throughout!

• May 07, 2019

Absolutely shocking People have been hung for less atrocities

Absolutely shocking People have been hung for less atrocities

• Apr 11, 2019

The Waterboy in my opinion is a mediocre comedy, with plenty of goofy jokes and some insulting phrases. In the movie the main character, Bobby Boucher, played by Adam Sandler, is a home schooled and over sheltered 31 year old waterboy for his hometown college football team. With all of his tactics in serving the best water for the team, Bobby gets picked on and transfers to another school. When Bobby is picked on again by the team members the head coach tells Boucher to stand up for himself. When angered with the way he was being treated, Bobby tackles one of the fellow players on the team and soon becomes a star tackler for the team and a standout in the sports world. With the Mud Dogs ready for a bowl game Bobby must convince his mom to let him play because she doesn't like Boucher playing "foozball" as she calls it. Eventually Bobby plays and becomes everyone's hero. This movie has a great blend of foolishness, seriousness, and comedy. The fact it combines all three traits narrows the target audience and makes it difficult to please many people. The director Frank Coraci is known for making fine comedies with Adam Sandler but The Waterboy, may be a touch over the line. All in all, this movie should be watched for a good laugh.

• Apr 04, 2019

Water boy is a movie based on a character Adam Sandler play name "Bobby Boucher". He is a water boy in this film who have a unsure future ahead of him. He is an adult who lives with his mom name "mama Boucher". This film brings excitement and comedic scenes. It is for anyone to watch anytime. This movie is involved with the sport football and will give you one hell of a game each game time scenes. It is as intense as the NFL and NCAA football game on tv. I personally would recommend for any football fan to check this film out because it will show you how the player started. You may also be interested in the play they run and the defensive front. Although there were too many relationship scenes. Which is not bad for you football fans out there only interested in the game because the characters gets involved with the game of football. This is still for anyone, even if you are not a fan of sports. There is inspirations in scenes that gives out a message like the case for bobby who did not really have a future and was really a kid being taken care of by his mama. This movie builds on from the beginning with a background story and the hustle bobby did to in this film. It is full of hard work scenes that will influence anybody because bobby is very different from normal. In fact as you watch the film he starts to grow as an individual without his mama. He shows dedication and passion. He shows that anyone can accomplish their dream as long as you work hard for it. I want you to carefully watch how bobby grow as a person and how he interact with the other characters. He has a passion for water and will show how much he loves it. It mix well with a football team and makes perfect sense. Every sports team needs a water boy on the side. The other characters also influence bobby in a tremendous way because he spends time and socialize with other people. Growing up he only had his momma as a parent, friend, and coworker. The other characters come in to help him. I would rate this a strong 4 out of 5. There are things that should have been better with the scenes. Other than that it's a film to pay for!

• Apr 04, 2019

Sierra Rose Schlitter April 4th 2019 Thor A Waterboy for a college football team discovers he has a unique tackling ability and becomes a member of the team. Director is frank Coaraci, the writers of this movie are, Tim Herlihy, and Adam Sandler. The stars in this movie are Adam Sandler which is Bobby in the movie. Kathy which is bobby's momma, and my favorite Henry Winkler the football coach. In the beginning of this movie the thing that stuck in my head was how the football players treated him and how he never did anything about it. They put the water cooler over his head and kicked him and he was on the ground. I also didnâ(TM)t like how the coach fired him for something he didnâ(TM)t even do. In the middle of the movie I saw how he rode the lawnmower everywhere I only thought it was to work and back. My favorite person in this movie is the coach Klein he has helped bobby out a lot especially with his momma. Bobby got to play football and not get bullied by the players. His momma seemed controlling and stuck up. They live in Georgia the weird part about the movie was when they ate snake and birds and stuff I think is nasty but they live their own way and so do we. I think this movie has perseverance because there is a lot of difficult times in this movie dealing with family and friends, or just the football players. There is so much with his dad and momma and everyone. I chose the word perseverance because of all the hard times in this movie that people may not see. I love that in this movie bobby donâ(TM)t let people hurt him, and if he does he donâ(TM)t show it or try not to. He does his own thing and I love that because a lot of people donâ(TM)t do just their thing they try and be like everyone else and then it makes things worse. I also liked how He can control the way he acts. But the things I disliked is how bobby was treated by his mother. You could tell she loved him but she was mean but in ways he couldnâ(TM)t see. He was in his 30s and h had a time to be home and certain things he could and couldn't do. She was really controlling and disrespected him in the movie. She acted like she was dying because bobby wanted a girlfriend and wanted to play football, I would never do that to my son especially when he's that old. Waterboy is a good movie to watch with your family and friends it shows a lot about the world and how the world is not at easy as people make it out to be. Waterboy is good for you to watch just to show you how people can be real or fake and show you how true love can help you out in life. But it also shows how parents are not always right.

• Apr 02, 2019

This movie is a classic and always makes me laugh. Adam Sandler is one of my favorite actors, especially his 90's acting. This movie is full of laughs and stupid humor and if you don't like raunchy comedy it's not for you. Overall it's a great football comedy and has plenty of laughs for everyone.

• Mar 11, 2019

A funny Adam Sandler film that can definitely rank with Happy Gilmore and Billy Madison. Bobby Boucher's voice did crack me up numerous times. Thanks to this movie I often catch myself saying "You can do it" whenever my friends need my good luck on something.