We Summon the Darkness Reviews

• May 27, 2021

We Summon the Darkness is just a plain good time. Set in the late 80s, a trio of young women hook up with three metalhead dudes at a concert, leading to a bloody evening packed with several super fun twists and performances. Alexandra Daddario is an especially delightful standout, and the less said for you, reader and potential viewer, the better. A dollop of cutting, gleefully ironic commentary pairs great with the tight and often hilarious slasher story of We Summon the Darkness, a more than solid recommend from beginning to end.

• May 23, 2021

Lots of fun. The whole thing takes an unexpected and humourous turn and delivers a cool perspective on the whole satanic panic nonsense. The girls provide a good amount of laughs.

• Apr 09, 2021

Wonderful movie. Genuinely funny, and I love that they skip over the cliche "*gasp* The leather jacket you gave me in act 1 saved me from being stabbed!" dialog. Chekhov's whole armory is there, and none of the characters have to say it out loud, which is a refreshing change. Also, who uses an outboard motor as a weapon? This movie wins on novelty, if nothing else.

• Mar 01, 2021

I like the creative ambition in the WE SUMMON THE DARKNESS slasher flick. I don't think this movie has any surprises for a first time viewer unless it's their first slasher flick ever. I saw the twists 10 miles away but they were still fun. The story didn't seem to have enough clarifying depth. The characters were pretty funny but to give a story a little more body, we needed a little more about Beverly and why she chose to do what she did. It has some really fun character scenes, some typical horror poor decision making (I mean, just drive off in the goddamn cop car!) and just the right amount of blood - not too much like a satire or too little like PG-13. It needed more metal music for a metal horror movie, though, that would've helped.

• Jan 28, 2021

Nothing particularly scary/surprising/funny from the movie after the first 30 minutes.

• Jan 05, 2021

A very good film that is very different, which makes it that much better. Nevertheless, it has its flaws. Three best friends cross paths with sadistic killers after they travel to a secluded country home to party. It's good, but I'm not really into films that deal with things that deal with the devil and stuff like that. Of that kind, it's one of the best I've seen.

• Jan 02, 2021

A clever and darkly humorous spin on satanic panic

A clever and darkly humorous spin on satanic panic

• Dec 19, 2020

This movie was kind of fun in the beginning, but it got worse as it progressed. It was definitely one of those movies where you're rooting for the bad guys to win, and it would have been better if they had.

• Nov 20, 2020

A rocking good time this thriller is a underrated movie and you might not like it as much as i did but it's still a fun horror comedy.

• Nov 08, 2020

Hard pass on this film, its not very good.

Hard pass on this film, its not very good.