We Summon the Darkness Reviews

• 2d ago

Love the whole 80s vibe in this movie plus the buildup was good. The cast tried their best but towards the 2nd half of the movie the story kinda fizzled out. Just a one time watch for me.

• Jul 05, 2020

The cast was decent, and the acting was palatable. Where the movie struggled the most was with the music; the music frequently failed to set the tone, while trying too hard to feel '80s. Beyond that, it takes a spin on a craze of that period the many might see as forgettable; the movie is joyful and suspenseful at times, but fails to really capture that "cult" feel.

• Jun 23, 2020

Alexandra Daddario is incredibly manic and the film is effectively creepy.

Alexandra Daddario is incredibly manic and the film is effectively creepy.

• Jun 14, 2020

If you saw the title and read the premise and were expecting what you thought you were getting, you will be sorely disappointed. I wish I could have seen what I thought it was going to be: a bunch of satanists terrorizing a community and stalking a group of teenage kids. A straight forward throw back to supernatural/slasher thrillers of the 1980s. Instead you are forced to suspend belief about the characters you know from the beginning of the movie to the characters they are in the middle. It just doesn't make any sense. It wasn't a bad movie...but it wasn't good and it didn't deliver on what it seemed to be packaged as and halfway through I was ready to move on.

• Jun 10, 2020

I love the movie...I dig the 80's feel and the cast was perfect and the director did great

• May 27, 2020

Reminded me of a throwback to the 80s campy horror.Nostalga and cheese puts this over the goal line.

• May 22, 2020

A mediocre picture that is likely to keep the average horror fan engaged, but doesn't offer much originality. We summon the darkness' cast is solid, but they weren't given much to work with, so if you are looking for a horror film with strong character or story development like many releases in recent years have delivered, you will be better off looking elsewhere. If you are simply looking for 90 minutes of blood with well polished 80's style production, you could certainly do worse.

• Apr 30, 2020

Don't watch. It's a waste of time.

Don't watch. It's a waste of time.

• Apr 26, 2020

A fun, fast ride set to a screaming heavy metal soundtrack. Some of the cameos by supporting characters are fantastic! Equal parts horror and comedy, don't take yourself too seriously and buckle up for a ridiculously fun ride!

• Apr 26, 2020

Some good acting, but ultimately this movie is confused as to what it is supposed to be. Weak nostalgia, unfunny, no scares, and predictable.