Welcome to the Punch - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Welcome to the Punch Reviews

July 4, 2017
So much wasted potential.
½ February 12, 2017
Interesting and a bit confusing but good cop Max (McAvoy) brings it all together in the end.
December 26, 2016
Former criminal Jacob Sternwood is forced to return to London from his Icelandic hideaway when his son is involved in a heist gone wrong. This gives detective Max Lewinsky one last chance to catch the man he has always been after. As they face off, they start to uncover a deeper conspiracy they both need to solve in order to survive.
½ July 31, 2016
Decent Gangster / Revenge Picture....
½ June 28, 2016
I wasn't impressed even with James McAvoy.
June 25, 2016
A story you'd expect to see in TV format. Phone-in performances and very very light on exposition.
½ May 31, 2016
Hardly memorable. McAvoy is a mediocre detective and the plot is so dull. Expected way better.
½ May 8, 2016
This is one of those movies that has a ginormous potential to be so much better but leaves it to petty characters and storyline. It goes way to far with the "suspension of disbelief" terminology. Somehow people who are trained to use a gun can't shoot someone who is 5 feet in front of them. I can't get over how terrible the story really is and the rest of it. What I am saying about it is virtually an overstatement.
March 27, 2016
Poor storyline, poor script and some really strange camera work.
March 20, 2016
is well film, but storyline tends to go all over the place.
½ October 8, 2015
A simple robbery movie turns out to be something more complex. Not a very credible plot but thanks to a reliable cast (especially Mark Strong's intense performance), you will go along with the ride.
October 3, 2015
"Welcome to the bunch of crap".
½ September 28, 2015
I get why this film received 50% on the Tomatometer, for those who like a dark and gloomy crime thriller, it's great. But for those who prefer actually being able to see what's going on and the expressions on people's faces, don't bother.
September 9, 2015
A gripping tense gritty London set action thriller. Throughout the film you are gripped to the conspiracies that spiral in this action packed film. With outstanding acting from the cast and amazing cinematography, what's not to love about this film?
September 5, 2015
This movie was boring. I watched for over 30 mins and nothing happened. Lost interest and turned it off.
½ August 14, 2015
A generic cop film with a slight edge in the sense that it had some good actors in the roles and it wasn't too boring. Other that that, it's cliched and incredibly forgettable. I almost forgot I saw it. 61/100
August 9, 2015
A pretty dull, boring British police drama despite having some big hitters staring. I found it hard to follow & understand what the plot was about, mainly due to it being mind numbingly boring thus your mind wanders hoping for a distraction which I found I was doing on a regular basis. There's absolutely no way I'd give this another go to get what was going on. If I'm missing something then I'll gladly miss it.
½ July 15, 2015
Stylish thriller that always struggles to convince. The action scenes are good, but the political conspiracy doesn't make for a polished storyline.
June 26, 2015
What a load of bo****ks!