Welcome to Woop Woop - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Welcome to Woop Woop Reviews

½ October 27, 2014
Think of Guy Pearce's brain-explodingly, movie-ruiningly obnoxious character from Priscilla, then imagine an entire town full of people that obnoxious. That's what this movie is like. Bad. Bad. Just...bad.
½ January 10, 2013
a customer lent this to me!!! it was wierd!!!!!
½ November 9, 2012
Critics don't know shit.
June 21, 2012
I don't care what any tight-butted reviewer thought of this movie. It is wonderful black comedy, and the sound track provides a marvelously upbeat counterpoint to the crazed violence of the Woop Woop locals. If you haven't seen it, grab a beer and give it a chance.
½ April 8, 2012
Worst movie I've ever seen.
October 15, 2011
Strange, strange film. Sort of embarrassing really.
½ April 29, 2011
It was bad but funny enough for me to watch twice
December 23, 2010
This is pure gold. I have seen this movie more than any other movie ever because I can't stop watching it. I still pick up new things.
September 17, 2010
This is one of Australia's worst movies. Jonathan Schaech is unconvincing as the lead. He fails to give a sympathetic portrayal of Ted, the movie's anti-hero. This failure makes it difficult to support the main character.

Most of the supporting cast over-acted, especially Rod Taylor and Susie Porter. Rod Taylor tries to hard as Daddy-O, Woop Woop's self-appointed dictator. His character shows no signs of being intimidating. Susie Porter really goes overboard as the promiscuous Angie. Porter acts like a nerd trying too hard not to be.

Michael Thomas and Stephan Elliott have written a pretty lame screenplay. None of the "humour" hits the bullseye, let alone the target. The lack of laughs means that vileness of the movie is unredeemable.

Director Stephan Elliott did some okay work with the Australian outback but other than that he has done terribly. The movie's pace is so slow that makes the movie's unpleasantness even more intolerable.

Please avoid this piece of trash, even on cheap Tuesdays.
August 23, 2010
A proper zany film but good all the same.
July 25, 2010
Understood in our circle of friends as "the worst movie we have ever seen," it has become more enjoyable over time. Let's just say if you are dreaming of encounters with a giant kangaroo, this is the movie for you.
½ June 17, 2010
one of the strangest movies you will ever see that's for sure! very funny and entertaining. very good
August 8, 2009
enjoyed reading the book - "The Dead Heart" by Douglas Kennedy but where can I buy this DVD?
December 16, 2008
This has a great soundtrack. The film aims to be wacky and off-beat, but often it's simply grotesque, and grotesque in a particularly Australian way. On the other hand, it's amazing to see the former Hollywood leading man Rod Taylor as an overstuffed buffoonish petty dictator.
November 20, 2008
An old scenario--boy meets girl, boy learns that girl is from a town of lunatics and is a lunatic herself, boy tries to escape--is told as a surreal adventure comedy with shades of THE ROAD WARRIOR and absurdist Altman.
½ August 27, 2008
Guy ends up in crazy Ausie town...
June 30, 2008
Clever, different, quirky, surprising...even the soundtrack (which I own, too) is unique. Replaces some of the pathos of an Aussie import like Strictly Ballroom with broader strokes of comedy. Jonathan Schaech should have been a huge star after this film (I'd say being on Jennifer Love Hewitt's failed Party of 5 spin-off hurt him, but it didn't seem to stop Jennifer Garner).
June 21, 2008
Great movie that most people do not even know about. Very very funny and campy. If you liked Priscilla or Muriel's-you will love this. Just a brilliant movie. One of my all time favs. Also, awesome soundtrack.
May 5, 2008
This is amazingly hilarious! Some people may not get it, but if you do, watch out!
½ April 4, 2008