While You Were Sleeping Reviews

• Oct 07, 2020

cheesy romantic movie - cute but schmaltzy

cheesy romantic movie - cute but schmaltzy

• Oct 04, 2020

I needed a good pick me up, this gave it to me. wasn't perfect, but it was exactly what I needed.

• Sep 24, 2020

What a cute character

What a cute character

• Sep 21, 2020

Really good watch, would watch again, and can recommend. This feels like a classic watch, like a movie that started a trope...but I can't think of a single other movie that did what this movie does. Sure there are movies about comas, amnesia, lying, but they don't do it in the same way, and I honestly believe it's because this movie did it so well that no one wants to risk copying it and do worse. This is also a great example of good situational comedy without bleeding over into abuse humor: at no point is she "suffering", she's not attacked, or wronged, but she's in a difficult situation that doesn't lend towards pleasantness in a ridiculous fashion, mostly because the family is insane, in the best of ways. Every single actor in this really brings it too. There are plenty of notable names, but as much as Sandra Bullock elevates the quiet, reserved character of Lucy, there are so many other good actors and characters throughout the movie, it feels extremely balanced, despite all the different story angles happening. The other thing happening is that this is sort of a reverse mystery. Instead of information that other characters know being hidden from the audience to be revealed later, the audience is almost the only one to know the truth until aspects are slowly revealed to the rest of the cast. If you haven't see this yet, put it on your list, I promise it still holds up: even if there are no smart phones yet, you'll barely notice.

• Sep 15, 2020

I was completely bored watching this drivel. Not gonna lie.

I was completely bored watching this drivel. Not gonna lie.

• Aug 29, 2020

Bullock is charming, but the film is not that good all in all.

Bullock is charming, but the film is not that good all in all.

• Aug 23, 2020

I loved it so much, it is not what you expect. All the actors do a great job and are naturally funny, bill pullman did such a great job.

• Jul 08, 2020

Cute romance with lots of charm.

Cute romance with lots of charm.

• Jul 07, 2020

Funny, cliche, and often cheesy rom-com coasts on the chemistry of Pullman and Bullock. Although it is thoroughly predictable, While You Were Sleeping is an entertaining, family friendly, and occasionally heartwarming movie.

• Jun 26, 2020

The story is funny and catchy. I love this movie, It's a classic. No more words, man.