White Boy Rick Reviews

• 1d ago

I loved this movie - Rick & his dad gave awesome performances & it was gripping. It's so sad that this is true, the police should be ashamed of themselves for what they did. It's disgusting to know they got away with it then & that they're still getting away with shit like that now.

• May 09, 2020

As an outsider looking in on life in Detroit, White Boy Rick was an eye-opener. The cast was superb in portraying the dysfunctional Wershe family down to the inept law enforcement officers who forced a teenager to deal drugs.

• Mar 15, 2020

I think this movie show the real reason why don't touch ever the drugs at ricky's age!!

• Dec 31, 2019

Story kind of jumped around a lot, and didn't develop any real storyline or characters.

• Nov 29, 2019

This was a good movie. Shows just how corrupt Detroit's government was!! White Boy Rick got screwed & the bad part is that even after it was all said & done with Detroit's District Attorney still tried to keep him locked up knowing that it was wrong!! Shows you how corrupt the courts can be & that's its not always about justice, as they claim it is!!

• Nov 16, 2019

A gritty tale, good acting throughout and shows the real character of the police in these issues

• Oct 21, 2019

Excellent acting by main characters, whitty, sad and enjoyable

Excellent acting by main characters, whitty, sad and enjoyable

• Sep 07, 2019

This felt like a "made for TV" movie to me and, as mentioned in other reviews, had a lot going for it while not quite making full use of it's potential.

• Aug 27, 2019

WBR excels at the brutal honesty of a teenager and his criminal family with practically perfect performances from the cast.

• Aug 24, 2019

I hate Matt McConahughey movies (just look at my review for Beach Bum), but this is the finest I've seen from him in any film. White Boy Rick is a drama that does not hold back on the opulence and perils of crime and lifts the veil on an infamous city many look down on but have to respect. White Boy Rick holds nothing back - kids get shot, serve life sentences, and overcome dopesickness. White Boy Rick is everything a drama should be : real.