Reviews

• Aug 14, 2021

The story of the code and what was going on back during the major wars is a story worth telling...just hope that the next time it gets told, it gets told better than this. Poor acting, poor cinematography, good pyrotechnics, but just all around bad.

• Jul 12, 2021

I rewatched this movie tonight remembering it as a good show. I must have had low standards because this is a really, really bad war movie.

• Apr 25, 2021

Comme on pouvait s'y attendre, Windtalkers ressemble beaucoup plus à un film de John Woo qu'à un simple film américain sur la Seconde Guerre Mondiale. Les scènes d'action ressemblent plus à un heroic bloodshed, avec toutes les qualités et les défauts que le genre implique, qu'au Soldat Ryan et la stylisation à outrance de l'action pourrait parfois déformer le propos anti-guerre du film. Même la musique totalement hors sujet de James Horner n'empêche pas John Woo de livrer une expérience éreintante, portée par le duo Nicolas Cage et Adam Beach, parfaits dans leur rôle de duo mal assorti. Viscéral, maladroit mais toujours sincère, Windtalkers est un film remarquable.

• Mar 27, 2021

Watch this movie. Then know that this movie was made 4 years after Saving Private Ryan, and cost $45,000,000 more.

• Feb 09, 2021

If you are just wanting to watch an action war movie, this is not a bad choice. If you are looking for a realistic history lesson, then you should pass.

• Feb 06, 2021

I think this movie was a great war movie. Lots of great action. Acting was very good. I really enjoyed it

• Nov 19, 2020

An underrated war film, and John Woo film. Had great acting from Nicholas Cage, Christian Slater, and the rest of the cast, well made war scenes, and had a nicely made story.

• Jul 31, 2020

Love the premise, but the shared stock footage and ( different angle shots of the same explosions ) became wearisome. Nick Cage , a real acting conundrum.

• Jun 10, 2020

There's a certain combatant perspective that motivates the battle sequences to something of impressiveness as the crafted peak's obvious go-to rather than the apparent clumsiness on the surface but that's just another perspective to agree with the other when under fire and frantically locating the camouflaged source. The human drama regarding racial differences may be incorrectly favored over the true heroism of historically insightful code talkers but still honored the ideal sense of the friendly collaborative position by the nice cast and the efforts they bring to reach satisfactory in the given assignment. In summary, nice performances in honoring the main elemental war tactic idealism through codes and splendidly trekking across and through battle sequences albeit how unbalanced the flow is from the sequential scattershot to make this war flick decent enough while also declaratively weak. (B)

• Jan 29, 2020

The film wind talkers directed by John Woo was one of his worst films as there were too many action sequences which had ruined the realism of the war themes portrayed in this film. The dialogue in this film at times was not the best and the action sequences were just too many and were extremely unrealistic. This film felt like I was playing call of duty with how many unrealistic action sequences there were. Tanks being flipped when hit grenades, soldiers holding their guns with one hand firing with confidence and the Japanese soldiers charging towards the American soldiers without actually firing their weapons which gives the soldiers the perfect opportunity to fire back. Though action sequences did look good, they were not ideal for a war film. If this film had a lot more realistic battle sequences and was executed better it could've been an outstanding war picture. Another annoying aspect was the ship footage scene, the footage looked off and unrealistic. It did not suit it perfectly. That was a lazy move by John Woo. I wish also they had transitioned the scenes from peaceful scenery to all of a sudden war and chaos a lot more effectively as the transition was not done well. I wish they also utilised more following shots of the soldiers in battle and close up shots in order to capture the chaos of war. The music at times I feel didn't also suit the scenes. The slow motion sequences were also very repetitive at times and I did feel annoying. Worth 36%.