Wish Upon - Movie Reviews - Rotten Tomatoes

Wish Upon Reviews

½ February 22, 2018
I wish. I wish I can hate this thing so much for all of it's ridiculously campy, teen-friendly Final Destination cheesiness but god help me I kind of enjoyed it in a, yes, "SO bad, it's good" way. The acting was fine, not great but not the worst either. It seems most people reject the ending as less than satisfactory but I give it credit for at least not copping out with some eye rolling fluff. On that note, I wish to not be inclined to ever say "so bad it's good" at least for a while. For my health. I wish Ryan Phillipe can stop being embarrassing.. **1/2
February 1, 2018
I love this movie. A teen horror/comedy movie.
January 31, 2018
A poor, poor film. The deaths are all pretty weak, the main character quickly becomes unlikable (Only reason we are given to feel for her is that her mother died and it's not enough), the ending and "twists" are all apparent from the very beginning, it's poorly written and executed. I could go on, but I'll stop there. Despite it's neat Chinese Wishing Pot and a premise that could hold potential, Wish Upon is yet another boring, uninspired PG-13 high school horror film that you should definitely skip.
½ January 23, 2018
Lo ùnico bueno es su duraciòn.
January 18, 2018
Fun, Popcorn movie. Love the end. By no means a masterpiece. Think Final Destination.
January 16, 2018
This movie was incredible. One of the funniest movies I've seen recently. I was litterly on the floor laughing after a sequence where she wishes to become rich, within seconds is in a mansion, her dad throws her the keys to a new car and he says "call the the girls" and hands her a gold credit card. Comedy Genius.
January 15, 2018
an unintentionally hilarious awful horror movie cant recommend it enough if you need a pick me up the acting the dialogue its all so funny and terrible
½ January 11, 2018
this is a very high schooly and dumb movie. but i got a lot of enjoyment out it as a mindless fun horror flick. but there was just too much dumbness for me to give it a guilty pleasure 3.0. unlikable main character. (1 viewing)
½ January 1, 2018
I had been waiting for this movie for a while... It was pretty good!! Deffs worth a watch if you're a fan of horror films
December 22, 2017
Si les ados qui n'ont rien connu d'autres dans le cinéma d'horreur pourront peut-être apprécier, Wish Opon est pour les autres une série B dénuée d'intérêts, d'originalité et n'as rien d'un film d'horreur.
December 10, 2017
Yet another dime-a-dozen teen horror flick whose storyline is entirely predicated on the characters making stupid decisions and ignoring blatant signs that they're doing so. The acting is pretty weak, the premise is uninteresting and while the ending is somewhat unexpected, what leads up to it is really not worth the watch. It's hard to talk about its content without repeating what I've said in reviews about other modern horror films, and this one, like many others, believes that flickering lights, extended scenes of wandering in the dark and eye-rollingly bad jump scares are a decent substitute for suspense and atmosphere. They're not, and with a parade of stereotypical, barely likable characters getting killed of in a series of increasingly silly, yet admittedly hilarious ways, it becomes clear that offing its participants is the best Wish Upon can offer.
½ December 9, 2017
Lookalike Chloe Grace Moretz does some bad acting in this predictable "horror" film.
November 19, 2017
A gripping movie that wonderfully exemplified the misgivings of vanity.
November 11, 2017
I really enjoyed this movie. Great acting, good story line and life lessons. Highly recommend
November 10, 2017
One of the worst movies I have ever seen. Too many cliches and no horror at all. I was expecting to be a little scared but all I did was get mad.
November 10, 2017
Although this film delivers a few jump-scares, it's predictability and poor writing did not even make for a good guilty-pleasure.
November 5, 2017
Well if it's teenage selfishness u want to see in full effect here it is..
½ November 5, 2017
Wish upon is the result of a film that borrows to much from other films such as final destination. Overall the film is forgettable, and not scary, but if you had nothing else to do it would be the perfect time waster.
October 27, 2017
Every wish comes true must be compensated, not even the one that takes her back to the beginning. I wonder if wishing the magic box never exists is a better one.