Reviews

• Aug 11, 2021

Xanadu! ELO! Oliva Newton John! Gene Kelly!... Such great tallent! Its like seeing and hearing wonderful disjointed things and realizing you were in a car crash and YOU SURVIVED! THATS XANADU!

• Apr 26, 2021

This is one of my favourite movies of all time. Kitsch and 80s glitz and glamour. Plus music that I love.

• Mar 17, 2021

Xanadu was the perfect movie for the era and as popular as Olivia Newton-John is, it wasn't hard to see her being portrayed as a muse. She was certainly my muse and her marriage to a younger man was the inspiration for my marriage to an older woman. It was my most successful relationship, too.

• Mar 01, 2021

The best segment in this musical is where the bad guys leave the screen!!!!!!!!!!!

• Oct 31, 2020

Awful. Defies analogy. Stopped watching 30min in. 80's mental-masturbation for adult-virgin starving artists who have personality disorders. Like someone took a highschool video project from a pass/fail film class and turned it into a feature length film.

• Jul 20, 2020

No, Xanadu isn't a great movie, but it's one I used to watch a lot as a kid for some reason, so the nostalgia runs (or skates) too deep for me to hate it. I love the music, I find Olivia Newton-John to be stunningly beautiful, and it's fun to see Gene Kelly perform one final time. Come on, let's face it, where else are you going to see a disco-fueled roller skating musical about Greek muses?

• Jun 23, 2020

Xanadu is cheesy, goofy and downright bizarre despite the plot itself being relatively straightforward. And yet, its hopeful message, Olivia-Newton John's charm, an animated sequence from Don Bluth and good, albeit over-the-top, musical numbers make this a campy but fun musical. It's not very good and was clearly rushed out the door but hey, there is a sense of fun to it. And does it matter whether or not the movie's good if we still had fun? I'm not saying "make bad movies", just that sometimes the fun factor can compensate for poor quality. Watch it and have fun.

• Jun 18, 2020

It's good to watch something that mostly acting and not have to watch a lot of digital effects Oliver Newton John is the reason Xanadu is one of my favorite classics

• Jun 12, 2020

Eliminate the horrific acting and you're left with music, circa 1980. If you don't dig the tunes, this will be an experience without reward.

• Apr 24, 2020

Really weird movie.. didn't really understand what it really was about.

Really weird movie.. didn't really understand what it really was about.