Xanadu Reviews

• Apr 24, 2020

Really weird movie.. didn't really understand what it really was about.

Really weird movie.. didn't really understand what it really was about.

• Apr 13, 2020

If only they had paid the screenwriter as much as they paid their coke dealer, Gene "Grandzaddy of Getting It" Kelly wouldn't have had to carry the whole catastrophe on his 68-year-old shoulders. Cannonical scale: 5/5 — Half-way through, I honestly felt like my septum was getting thinner.

• Feb 14, 2020

This movie made no sense at all and I was confused the whole time but it was effin’ amazing. It gave me all the life and all the feels. Werk it Xanadu!

• Jan 05, 2020

This movie is everything you would would want from a 70s/80s movie. The music is spectacular, particularly the villain Melpomene's song. Overall a 5/5.

• Dec 24, 2019

What a fun film it is! Xanadu Deserves to be one of my favorite 80s films with Dirty Dancing. I would also love to see a live action and animated movie featuring Olivia Newton-John, Debra Winger, Kim Basinger, Jaleel White, Rob Paulsen, and others.

• Nov 10, 2019

An enjoyable film if you don't take it too seriously. Fans of the Electric Light Orchestra will appreciate the film for the music.

• Oct 10, 2019

Over the years it has become a magnificent folly, a ridiculous and completely forgettable script that only serves as a vehicle for the magnificent musical numbers. Finally, that is the whole thing: Olivia Newton-John and Gene Kelly immortalized on the screen as a reminder of their splendor and magic.

• Oct 10, 2019

forget the critics... just have fun..

forget the critics... just have fun..

• Oct 03, 2019

This movie was maligned upon release and it is easy to see why- Its camp and the musical fantasy aspects only add to the cheesiness. On the other hand the passage of time has helped restore some pride to the proceedings and anyone seeing this film for the first time might be puzzled to see why this film is so hated. Xanadu is too energetic, too jaw-droppingly campy, and too silly not to be enjoyed and celebrated on some level. "Cheesy" doesn't even begin to describe it, yet that's at the heart of its perverse charm. Now, that's entertainment! Xanadu cannot be watched with anything resembling a serious mindset. Enjoy it for its garishness. Enjoy it for its silliness. Enjoy it for the soundtrack (the product of John Farrar and ELO). But, most of all, enjoy it for Newton-John. She may not be the greatest actress of her generation, but she's gorgeous, and she has a great singing voice. This is a great cheesy musical for the right mindset hehe.

• Aug 30, 2019

Love Electric Light Orchestra and their music and theres a place in my heart for the movie Xanadu. I heard this was Gene Kelly's final movie. I tell you something, grab a few drinks, a bag of popcorn and watch Xanadu with your girl... Sunday afternoon.... Although you may think the story is far fetched, it does warm the old cockles.... And your sunday will be a memorable one. Well, for my other half when she decided she wants to buy some roller skates.. give it a go. Ace soundtrack and soppy sweet....