American Gods: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 01, 2019

Great adaptation of an outstanding book. Visually, it's out of this world! It is so pleasing to watch and the performances of Ian McShane and Ricky Whittle are excellent. The series is awesome, but it's mostly down to the source material being so damned good. If you like mythology, this one's for you.

• Apr 12, 2019

awesome with enough deviation from the book to keep it real

awesome with enough deviation from the book to keep it real

• Apr 10, 2019

Such a great show! A wonderful twist on fantasy and religion. I love this show!

Such a great show! A wonderful twist on fantasy and religion. I love this show!

• Apr 01, 2019

The story is interesting and the plot is compelling. There is occasionally some stupid politics injected into the show but for the most part it did not approach that topic.

• Mar 26, 2019

Great cast, great writing, and a great concept. Can't wait to see the next season.

• Mar 19, 2019

Good acting by Ian McShane and "Shadow Moon", but explicit sex scenes unrelated to the plot ruins any interest in continuing to watch--why, what for?

• Mar 12, 2019

One of the best TV shows I have seen lately

One of the best TV shows I have seen lately

• Mar 02, 2019

This show is like a layered cocktail. It has so many different thing(weird and casual, supernatural and pedestrian, simple and complicated), but put together so well, that despite things that would otherwise be opposite of each other, they manage to come together extremely well. And it tastes good.

• Feb 02, 2019

I've always enjoyed Neil Gaiman adaptions. This one seems particularly relevant in its portrayal of American culture. The confusion of Shadow about whether his new employer is good or not. The sense that maybe the most powerful people may have some major flaws. If you added any real American business, political or social leader to this cast - how would they be any different? Do you really think our society would be so screwed up if the most powerful were intellectually pure ? The only thing I would like to see more with this series would be to introduce some elements of our own powerful Deep State. Just imagine for example if Deep State goons picked on Shadow using microwave weapons. Shadow is no weak guy like Kevin Douglas Limbaugh. He would annihilate those Deep State goons.

• Jan 22, 2019

I have rewatched this show more times than I am proud of, but each time I find myself on the edge of my seat or laughing at a situation a character finds themselves in. The camera work, CGI and special effects of this show are second to none. I could not recommend watching this show in 4K. I cannot wait to see the second season! Most underrated show on TV.