Anne with an E: Season 1 Reviews

• 5d ago

Such a great show! Amybeth really captures the essence of Anne, and I don't think there's anybody better suited to play her

• Jul 09, 2019

Much, Much different than the Books! I did not like the changes to this beloved story.

• Jun 07, 2019

Cute girl and she does a nice job starting out but this show get progressively bad and she tends to over act as the season moves forward.

• Mar 21, 2019

I Absolutely love this show, it touches so many themes!

I Absolutely love this show, it touches so many themes!

• Mar 18, 2019

Was not like the book, didnt like the add one.

Was not like the book, didnt like the add one.

• Mar 12, 2019

A pure pleasure for Anne admirers. A heart worming drama full of beauty sorrows and joy.

• Mar 09, 2019

Anne with an E gives a more realistic look into the realities of an orphaned and fostered child. Although I adore the original it is absurd to think a child was tossed around and received no mental/ physical abuse and had no mental scars because of such. Although sometimes hard to watch the show comes and the beautiful Anne character with a realistic perspective.

• Jan 10, 2019

Incredibly done. You can't help growing extremely fond of every character, Matthew was my favorite.

• Dec 26, 2018

It is another story and the character of Anne itself is different. In the real story, she never mention things like sex (she is not even interested in boys, at all, as her love is completely for her best friend Diana) or try to mingle in Matthew's life, she is very respectful. Furthermore, in the book she says that she never makes the same error twice, so she would have not intrude in her benefactors' life after what happened with Marilla's brooch. Many of the characters are very different. Mr Phillips loves Prissy, and there is not mentioned of any sort of homosexuality, the same about Mrs Barry. Let's say that the series loses its innocence to impress the audience. The positive of this series is: the actress interpreting Anne is pretty good; also photography is good.

• Oct 18, 2018

I absolutely love this series and so hope they go all the way through the books. Amazing sets! And I love Marilla and Anne as actors.