Broadchurch: Season 3 Reviews

• Apr 21, 2019

This had more of the ingredients of series 1, but lacked the magic. But much better than the second series.

• Jan 14, 2019

Awesome acting from a strong cast.

Awesome acting from a strong cast.

• Oct 04, 2018

Season 3 of Broadchurch got back to what made the first season enjoyable: realistic detective work. This season's case isn't solved very easily, and Miller and Hardy have to slowly peel back layer after layer to get to the truth. I was satisfied with the conclusion. However, Danny's family is still woven into the story in what seems like a forced way, and I have some issues with how the show is paced at times (one enthralling episode will be followed by a boring episode). It's a solid detective show set in a location different from most in the same genre, but it's not a game changer by any means.

• Jan 03, 2018

I love this show. One of the best British crime shows I have watched, Great cast, absolutely love Olivia Colman and it made me appreciate David Tennant as an actor. Series 1 and 3 were great, 2 lagged a little, but such a good watch. Fingers crossed for more at some point.

• Dec 14, 2017

"Broadchurch" is an excellent crime drama that is almost constantly a compelling experience. Every season left me guessing and never correctly predicting what happened. The two lead performances are also very good. I personally found the last two seasons to be the strongest but all of it is very good. The show isn't afraid to go to some dark places and keeps you watching with a real addiction. I enjoyed this show and if you are a fan of a good mystery, each story in this series will be a treat for you.

• Dec 14, 2017

As Hardy might say "Outstanding!" This is a top notch show. The actors are no longer actors but detectives, parents, friends and townies. The crimes are not quickly solved in an hour. You are lead through the nuances, the frustrations, and the release of a criminal investigation. I am sad that there are only three season. I am jealous of viewers that will get to watch this amazing show for the first time.

• Oct 28, 2017

This is one of the best series on TV - Amazing story telling and acting - do not miss it!!!!

• Oct 17, 2017

An extremely well written and well acted drama, that makes you feel as much as it makes you think. I enjoyed the actor for Mark Latimer much more in this season, as I found his acting in the past to be one of the very few weak points of the show. David Tennant, as always, was incredible, as was the actress for Trish, Julie Hesmondhalgh, who portrayed very realistic emotion in an extremely difficult role.

• Sep 02, 2017

Hats off to Broadchurch's last hurrah as it devotes tact and discretion (a rarity in today's TV) to a highly sensitive and relevant issue.

• Aug 30, 2017

One of my favorite shows...

One of my favorite shows...