Clarice: Season 1 Reviews

• 11h ago

Unfortunately, the natural comparison the NBC's Hannibal doesn't do Clarice any favors. She's been left traumatized by her experiences with Bill- the show implies she's as traumatized as Martin, but one of those characters was kept in a well for several days, and the other shot him after fifteen minutes. While I have no doubt it was harrowing, they overemphasize her trauma to a ridiculous degree. Furthermore, her boss is poorly written. Clearly meant to be a Crawford-like character, the other FBI agent is instead throwing out procedure and being completely unreasonable because of a grudge. Also, why is the AG for the entire country involved in a state case of two murdered women? Even big killers like Dahmer and Manson weren't dealt with by the AG.

• 3d ago

Proof that HOLLYWOOD has RUN OUT OF IDEAS. And also proof that they RUIN EVERYTHING> Slow, boring, waste of time

• 3d ago

Silence of the Lambs characters minus Hannibal Lecter and Jack Crawford? Check. Hack writer Alex Kurtzman? Check. Generic CBS procedural? Check. As demonstrated by the weak early episodes and the fact producers decided to proceed without most of the franchise's most compelling characters demonstrates that this is a blatant cash grab attempt using name recognition from Thomas Harris' brilliant source material. This show never had a chance.

• 5d ago

ชังเตหน้าที่แล้วต่อไปพร้อมรับประกัน

ชังเตหน้าที่แล้วต่อไปพร้อมรับประกัน

• 5d ago

I've only watched one episode of this show and I definately want to watch another. No way am I giving up on this show despite the 31% critics rating here on rotten tomatoes. It has a good cast and has potential. I will reserve the right to watch a few more episodes before I trash it. There are plenty of 100% critic reviews on here and they are wrong lots!

• 6d ago

This series has a lot of potential, but they need to tone down the flashbacks and crying. I get that she has been through some trauma, but over doing it, makes her look weak and very unstable.

• 6d ago

FBI agent Clarice Staring is listed as one of the top ten heroes in cinematic history by the American Film Institute. Taking place a year after the events of Silence of the Lambs, Starling (played by Rebecca Breeds) is barely hanging onto her sanity by burying herself in work. Clarice returns to the field about a year after the events of The Silence of the Lambs (1991). What unfolds is a procedural with a compelling overarching story, entrenched in creepy, horrific, and often psychological mystery. Clarice is compelling to watch. Creepy, suspenseful, and well-executed, the cast, crew, and creators on this offshoot of The Silence of the Lambs world have created a worthy world to investigate the origins of Clarice Starling.

• Feb 19, 2021

Considering the source material, this adaptation was extremely disappointing. It's inevitable that comparisons to "Hannibal" will be drawn considering these shows are based on the same characters from the same series of films/shows, although those parallels only serve to make this show even more dissatisfying. If there's one lesson to be learned from "Clarice", it's that a solid characters and stories do not translate to entertaining television when placed in the wrong hands.

• Feb 18, 2021

Rebecca Breeds plays the role extremely true to character. She is the strength of this show. It remains to be seen have the writers make it interesting. Her acting requires my rating of the program with 4 stars.

• Feb 18, 2021

This was just terrible. It's a good idea but the writing and the acting was horrible. I don't know how I sat through this entire episode.