Damien: Season 1 Reviews

• Aug 01, 2020

This was really was good Best show I've seen It really needs a sequel though. ME Sad about it cancelled after 1 season. If Only they bring it back somehow that would be Awesome OR Another series like this I would definitely watch it for sure.

• Jun 02, 2020

I found the show very entertaining. I was sad when I found out it was cancelled. Maybe they can bring it back.

• May 31, 2020

I was pulled in except if it was some sort of continuation of the Omen trilogy it didn't make sense. Damien was pure evil from the get go. The original parents died and so did his guardians. And this Damian is too nice a guy. A fun ride but not great. Kept me occupied during lockdown where I want nothing to tax my brain as did Band of Brothers which was awesome and a real horror story.

• Oct 02, 2019

I wish there was a second season

I wish there was a second season

• Mar 10, 2019

too religiously.. but not too bad

too religiously.. but not too bad

• Oct 22, 2018

This show is a hidden gem. Great story line and had lots of potential.

This show is a hidden gem. Great story line and had lots of potential.

• Mar 14, 2018

I LOVED THIS SHOW!! I'm fussy about cheap Hollywood dialogue & if it's pedestrian, patronizing or just plain BAD I cannot waste my time. I listen to shows as much as I watch them. I think the error was in classifying it as horror. I viewed it as light drama in a supernatural genre with "occasional," camp aspects -intentional or not ...the package was thoroughly entertaining. I wasn't expecting pulitzer material or tens of millions of dollars in CGI -which I suppose is what the short sighted children who pulled the show were expecting. Paying attention only to what they saw and not what they heard ..."Corporate Logic" once again wins the prize for best oxymoron. Obviously the 83% of viewers who liked it mean nothing if the little boys in charge aren't getting explosions and car chases. xoxo :)

• Feb 13, 2018

Beautifully shot, paced and directed I thoroughly enjoyed this build up to the awakening of Damien. The solemn coloring and effective use of light/shadows had me pulled into that world and tuned into Damien's descent, drawing me into his slipping reality and eventual acceptance for what he is to become. The lead actor was believable as he wavered and fought his way through denial, acceptance, anger, and submission with an ending that saw him sell his soul to save the life of another, leaving the balance of darkness in his soul to stiil be questioned. The supporting cast kept the story moving around Damien, pushing him to a decision through their own choices and actions that were more forceful than all the best laid plans. I blame poor advertising for it not being popular as I never knew it existed until hulu and bad reviews from critics who don't understand good tv anymore. Well worth the watch and I can only hope it may get another life on another network or platform.

• Dec 14, 2017

This is an intriguing story, mysteriously seductive, showing in a very attractive and sophisticated way. Its has deep meaning but does not make the audience as heavy as the series Games of Throne; not so many complicated love relationships (and sex) like other series,...Somehow make me comfortable, somehow make me comfortable, because I just do not like the love-lines which appear too much on TV these days. Epecially when the main male character no nothing but his girlfriend/goddess,... and care for no one else. I don't know why people prefer tv series such as True Blood, Vampires Diary,.... Because I only saw every character in those series, people fell in love very fast, betrayed also very fast, and then started to SM to each other, well, a lot of 18+ scenes. Love really that easy? What is more profound in life? sacrifice? the responsibility? I'm sick of tv series these days. Damien is different. Well, Damien is not the one who only care for the girls and no one else. He does care for his friends, his family; and his caring appear in many scenes. Same goes for Forever, Constantine,..., just like Damien, those series stop at Season 1. Hannibal stop at three (not so bad), Scene8 stop at season 2,... Well, people just like naked scenes. Of couse, in Damien, there is something I don't like, the heroines somehow were not needed at that much? So many female character (with strong roles) and not many male characters (except for Damien's best friend, others were just old men? Old enemy? Die immediately from the moment show up, serial killer with mental illness?) *Sorry for my grammar*

• Oct 22, 2017

This show has good writing and tries to follow the old storyline. This show needed more time and as usual another network did not listen to the people that watched it. Instead they listened to the critics that would watch once and decided to end a show that the best potential.