Dirty John: Season 1 Reviews

• Jun 01, 2019

Ok Eric band's performance was extremely disturbing, in the best way. BUT, what I couldn't wrap my head around, was the NUMEROUS red flags that Debra ignored. Not relatable at all.

• Apr 24, 2019

What a crazy rollercoaster ride. I knew about this story from the documentary but it was still a fascinating tale of struggle and survival. There any events/decisions that are infuriating, bc they seem so obvious to be horrific choices, but I guess it's easier to say that when the shoe is on the other foot. The actors in this series do a great (even though they're over the top) job of bringing the story to life. I highly recommend this to fans of true crime dramas and thrillers. But don't watch the documentary first, it totally takes away from the suspense/drama.

• Mar 21, 2019

I couldn���t stop watching. I was hooked after 5 min.

I couldn���t stop watching. I was hooked after 5 min.

• Mar 20, 2019

This was a hard one to rate for a few reasons. I cant tell if Connie Britton as Debra Newell is a bad actress, or just an annoying character. She is so naive, stupid, and such a bad mother that I found it hard to feel bad for her. Honestly, I didnt feel bad at all for her because I just remember all the bad decisions that got her in this mess. Eric Bana as John Meehan is amazing on the other hand. Such a well played, creepy yet enticing character. I just wish the main character was done as well, or at least make me feel bad for her.

• Mar 11, 2019

This show was facinating, particularly since it was based on a true story and in southern California.

• Mar 09, 2019

A well done series on stalker John Meehan. Decisions made by Debra are absolutely infuriating throughout, and its staggering to know it is based on actual events.

• Mar 01, 2019

The story line is very interesting, but as for the acting...very unbelievable.

The story line is very interesting, but as for the acting...very unbelievable.

• Feb 26, 2019

What a pathetic voice / and the acting she puts on !

What a pathetic voice / and the acting she puts on !

• Feb 26, 2019

acting is so bad! couldnt get past episode 2. tried though shem

acting is so bad! couldnt get past episode 2. tried though shem

• Feb 18, 2019

Sorry to say don�������t quite know if Connie Britton is dumbing it down of if she just can�������t do drama. So plastic, so void of any emotion... Bana was blah. Perhaps the director was not very good. Watched it through but disappointed. Loved the podcast so had high hopes.