Doctor Who: Season 12 Reviews

• Dec 14, 2020

They really should rename this to Dr Who Cares. Please stop ruining beloved shows.

• Dec 01, 2020

Jodie Whittaker is a fantastic actress but unfortunately the writing and direction of the show overshadows her otherwise convincing portrayal as The Doctor. The blatant disregard for already established events in the show's recent and classic history have completely alienated me from a programme where instead of just watching and waiting for a new writer/Doctor/producer, I am completely alienated and upset that my once-beloved epic TV series I've been watching since I was 10 years old has become a steaming pile of mess.

• Nov 13, 2020

The writing is absolutely horrendous, jodie could have been an incredible Doctor, if she had the chance too. I'm just trying my best to push through it as i love Doctor Who, and i really want to enjoy it but can't. It's PC that's ended this amazing franchise.

• Nov 13, 2020

Past seasons had a better blend of acting ability and story telling. Nearly every episode feels like a weak BBC documentary, trying to forcibly educate its viewers. A weak string of enemies bring no sense of tension. There are no new concepts or memorable moments that would place this in history as anything special. Each episode seems to be based on one aspect of mainly historical events. With this franchise being used as a speaking platform. Sad attempt, boring, dull. This feels like it was created by hallmark. There are much better ways of telling stories.

• Nov 11, 2020

I thought S11 was bad! S12 manages to lower the bar further reaching what seems to be its nadir with the embarrassingly bad Orphan 55. I don't believe any of the writers have seen any previous episodes as this, my favourite program since I was a child, is the first of 2 places where dr who's back story doesn't line up with what they present here (aka Ruth Doctor). With hindsight, they might've been better getting this actor to play the MAIN doctor as JW sadly lacks the gravitas needed for this role! JW never researched this role and it shows. JW's doctor lacks depth or dynamic. It's really hard to take someone seriously in a sci fi setting when they talk with an accent more at home on Coronation Street. It's also hard to like JW as she's insulted a demographic in the fan base of which I am in. It doesn't feel like DW, the stories are weak and preachy! The production values are good but there's just no substance, which makes S11 & 12 the DW equivalent of One Directiion. Most of the companions just stand there and add nothing to the overall plot. Still, there's always the Christmas special to look forward to. Wait, wha...??

• Sep 29, 2020

Second poor season of the show in a row now

Second poor season of the show in a row now

• Sep 26, 2020

You ruined the original timeline and story's

You ruined the original timeline and story's

• Sep 25, 2020

What happened to the Doctor Who themes we knew and loved? This is... just... shameful and cringy writing. Even Moffat was better...

• Sep 25, 2020

So awful to destroy the cannon

So awful to destroy the cannon

• Sep 23, 2020

This is the worst writing, the worst acting and the worst doctor. I can't stand this season, blah. Move on please...