Lodge 49: Season 2 Reviews

• 6d ago

A show that up until recently I had never heard of but came across its high ratings on RT and decided to give it a go. Am very pleased that I did - a very difficult show to describe but it takes me on a surreal journey in every episode with its quirky characters, excellent acting and dialogue. Sad, funny and stupid at times and definitely won't appeal to everyone. It certainly appeals to my own warped sense of humour !

• Aug 26, 2019

One of The Best out there amazing show Wyatt Russel is an amazing actor

One of The Best out there amazing show Wyatt Russel is an amazing actor

• Aug 23, 2019

Always a surprise. Likable characters never react in predictable ways. Such fun to watch. Leading man Dub, with his optimistic nature despite always recovering from some surf related accident, is a nice contrast to his downbeat yet adorable sister. If you haven't watched "Lodge 49" give it a chance to live among us who are just trying to get by in life. It's a great ride.

• Aug 23, 2019

Season 1 was the best show that year and season 2 is off to a great start!

Season 1 was the best show that year and season 2 is off to a great start!

• Aug 19, 2019

Great show! If you are looking for something different that will take you on a journey, this is a great show to watch! It's not mind numbing like a lot of TV today. The mysteries of the Lodge are fun, but the real strength lies in the characters. The characters are well developed and the relationships between them are written brilliantly. They are cast even better, with one of the strongest ensembles I've seen on TV. In particular David Pasquesi as the alchemical healer Blaise (I'm glad he found another great show to showcase his talents after Veep), and Brent Jennings as the everyman Ernie. Even the small bit characters are well written and cast. Jeremy (Daniel Stewart Sherman) as the manager of a bad "Tilted Kilt" knockoff breastaurant and Burt (Joe Grifasi) as the scamming pawn shop power are two great examples. Then of course there is the brilliant Brian Doyle Murry who is another great standout. All and all if you are looking for a great show to watch, especially streaming, this is the show. You should know the first 3-4 episodes of season 1 are a little slow, but then it really starts to pick up and take you on a Magnum Opus. Looking forward to seeing the rest of season 2!

• Aug 18, 2019

The series has a special magical atmosphere, it's very nice to watch it. Excellent casting, great script, thanks to the creators for the work done. And I hope this will not be the last season. Look further and enjoy!

• Aug 18, 2019

One of the best TV shows for relaxing after a hard day. Love him!

One of the best TV shows for relaxing after a hard day. Love him!

• Aug 17, 2019

better and better! it is strange that the series is not very popular

better and better! it is strange that the series is not very popular

• Aug 15, 2019

Love this show. It just gets better and better.

Love this show. It just gets better and better.

• Aug 12, 2019

great show! the beginning of season 2 is just a gift) I hope this is not the last season, and it will delight for many more years