Marvel's Helstrom: Season 1 Reviews

• 14h ago

Great show! I had no idea what to expect going in and almost skipped it but I'm so glad I decided to give it a shot. The scenes with the mother are so cool. She plays that part so wonderfully. Hoping for a 2nd season

• Jan 01, 2021

If you are a fan of the show Supernatural and love the show well Helstrom is a Home Run. The visuals are amazing and a really good storyline plus some familiar faces supernatural fans will be shocked to see. Let's hope someone sees the potential of this show and pick it back up for season 2.

• Dec 28, 2020

The storyline was great, but the pace of character development and timing was a bit off. It is understandable given the number of protagonists and elements needed to build the story for those who are not familiar with the original comic book series. The effort may have diluted the presentation of the two main characters. But, there is still a bit of a hook within the plot to keep one engaged. I am disappointed it was not picked up for another season.

• Dec 23, 2020

eu achei foda poderia ter continuado mas tudo bem terror maneiro asssutar

eu achei foda poderia ter continuado mas tudo bem terror maneiro asssutar

• Dec 19, 2020

This is a mature, grown-up take on one of Marvel's more outlandish 1970's characters, the Son of Satan. Daimon Helstrom (many spellings) was antagonistic to his father, trying to use his natural demonic powers for good, in a variation on the classic anti-hero modality. Satanna was his succubus sister, almost always opposed to his goals and plans. This story includes demonic incursions, possessions and powers, but treats Daimon and Ana (many names) like children of an extremely dysfunctional household, one with a codependent mother and an abusive serial killing father. They are scarred, and it has taken doctors, demon-hunters and nuns to raise them with any semblance of humanity and sanity. Both are now seen as traitors by the demons, who persist in their goals of incursion (they would say survival) in our world. Daimon for his excorcisms, Ana for her draining of life force from evil people. Both Austen and Lemmon create sympathy for their conflicted, defensive and easily angered characters, and it doesn't hurt that they're both charismatic and photogenic. The supporting cast is full of solid character actors, and the special effects (mostly in the service of telekinetics and pyrokinetics) are strong. The whole is very dark and murky, however, as is typical for most mystical stories these days. It's a relief when they occasionally go somewhere well lit.

• Dec 17, 2020

This was an interesting and surprising show. I really liked it - I binged it right after Halloween (to keep me in the spirit!).

• Dec 07, 2020

I loved this show, and I REALLY want to see a season 2.

I loved this show, and I REALLY want to see a season 2.

• Dec 01, 2020

i was looking to find another good show to watch and took a chance on this one on Hulu. i'm glad i did. i was hooked from the first episode. with 10 45ish minute episodes, i so wanted more. with the twists and the turns and not knowing what was coming next was such a relief to finally be able to just sit back and watch it all unfold. Marvel Studios needs to pick this one up for a season 2+ run. it def has you wanting more. the cliffhanger will have you gritting your teeth and yelling at your screen, then having you look up to see if it has been renewed for more seasons. i'm def a fan now. if anyone has connections to get this seen by Marvel Studios, please do so. it needs to be picked up and renewed.. i can see this going as long as Supernatural did..... 15 years...

• Nov 30, 2020

I honestly loved this show. I binge watched in within 2 days and I'm hoping there's another season because the ending was crazy good. I need more!

• Nov 29, 2020

I'm watching season 1 episode 4 and so far this show is really good and intense.