Master of None Presents: Moments in Love: Season 3 Reviews

• Sep 20, 2022

it took me a while to warm up to it. The first 2 seasons were significantly more interesting than the last season. The final season was plodding & tedious ... and relatively uninteresting.

• Sep 19, 2022

Imagine if you went to a hockey game and a Yoga class broke out. Or bought tickets for the next Batman movie, and it was all about Cat Woman staying at home to tend to her goldfish. Feel disappointed much? That's pretty much how I felt embarking on season three of master of none. A complete bait and switch. A tedious, slow and boring story that is a complete departure from the first two seasons. If you like the genre depicted in season three, fine. But if you're watching Master of none for its characteristic wit and charming ideosyncracies, they are not present in season three. I couldn't even make it through the first episode without fast forwarding, and abandoned the entire season after watching only a short bit of the second episode. Give me hockey. Give me Batman. Don't give me something that is completely inconsistent with what I bought a ticket to see.

• Jul 19, 2022

only watched a few episodes, was too bored to find out what this was about. It is nothing like S1/2, this shouldn't even be the same show, snooze fest. i did like the visual styling, but aside from that, so boring

• Jun 15, 2022

Terrible, terrible way of making a great show a horrible one.

Terrible, terrible way of making a great show a horrible one.

• Apr 10, 2022

A documentary of sad lesbians that no one wanted or asked for with a hint of acting

• Mar 22, 2022

Wow, that was just boring. I couldn't watch all of it. What happened???

Wow, that was just boring. I couldn't watch all of it. What happened???

• Feb 03, 2022

An intimate story, with great photography and art direction. Lamentably, the direction and shots are the bare minimum to tell the story, it lacks the dynamism which the previous seasons had.

• Jan 28, 2022

I can not believe production decided to make that as season 3, I got bored after episode 2. Lame.

• Jan 22, 2022

Seasons 1 and 2 were great but Season 3 is unwatchable. Shifting the focus off Dev was a huge mistake. I loved Dev's quirkiness, and viewing life through his eyes. Denise's character can't carry a whole season and the acting is subpar she was never meant to be a main character.

• Jan 20, 2022

I'm speechless with this season. It is, without a doubt, the best entire season I've seen on netflix. It is so beautiful, so felt, so real and, above all, just unapologetic - you don't get the dreamy tv show or the usual fake and utopic happy ending. Thank you so much for the work and dedication to detail, to women, to queer put into this tv series, and to making us feel safe in our mistakes.

• Jan 13, 2022

I really wanted to like this season. The gross departure though from the original storyline and taking a background character and moving into the spotlight to try to create a connection to the original show fell flat. Although not strictly a comedy the first two seasons provided many moments of levity and Devs struggles with relationships, his career and family were endearing. The acting in season 3 is quite good but the style is overly artistic and provides none of the levity of earlier seasons. The should have been billed as a spin-off and not Masters of None.

• Dec 06, 2021

Slower paced than previous seasons but what an awesome story, grabs you and never lets go. Great actors, great story, wonderful imagination to pivot from the mostly comedic episodes to this heartfelt season.

• Nov 07, 2021

The whole series from one to three is actually two(so far) great comedy dramas under the one roof. Though I couldn't quite reconcile to the sudden shift to another character and an even more jarring shift to different stylistics, it felt something like a David Lynch-style shift into a different reality, I decided to remain in my seat and see it through, and it was worth it, season three is also great, but for jarringly different reasons. I think this methodology of character and style-switching should be pursued, folks will object and find it jarring, but I sense a potential for breaking new ground. Any way, whatever, season three is great in itself.

• Sep 25, 2021

Absolutely thought season 1 was funny and intriguing, season 2 brought an artistic and still engaging story together. Season 3 however, fell hard. It was terrible. The actresses are great, but the departure from the nature of the show and lacking Dev and his story, made it just weak and saddening. It was hard to watch, even harder to connect with, and again - so much missing from the characters absent from the season. Had it been a spin-off, perhaps it would be OK, but even then... it was just missing so much.

• Aug 31, 2021

The first two seasons were good! This is a spin off and features nothing of what made this series great. I understand because of the absolute farce of what happened his personal life and the over zealous cancel culture must have driven him to step back and try to tell a different story, but there's no way this should have been "Master of None". I was waiting for it to switch back to the show I once enjoyed and it never happened.

• Aug 18, 2021

Very well done. Loved it.

Very well done. Loved it.

• Aug 08, 2021

S1 & S2 good but S3 was very sad and bad

S1 & S2 good but S3 was very sad and bad

• Aug 06, 2021

I have an idea! Let's make this show less funny, and more boring?

I have an idea! Let's make this show less funny, and more boring?

• Aug 03, 2021

I was so confused watching Ep1. It's an hour long & focuses on Denise and Alicia. Dev appears briefly after 20 minutes & only once again in a later episode. However, his failing relationship & his gf's dreams of a baby prove pivotal to the plot of this wonderfully acted stand alone season. It's an arthouse film - very French new wave & Naomi Ackie is outstanding.

• Jul 27, 2021

This season is terrible. Bring Aziz back.

This season is terrible. Bring Aziz back.

Do you think we mischaracterized a critic's review?