Modern Love: Season 1 Reviews

• Feb 11, 2020

Like chicken soup for the soul! This series shows how it's okay to love in your own way and be you and be loved and choose different and how each path is valid.

• Jan 01, 2020

I thought it was a great show. Each episode brought a new story on love/relationship or its loss. Each story brought its hidden gem. I was delightfully surprised with how much I liked the show.

• Dec 29, 2019

If you like Haruki Murakami, you'll like this one. Mundane tits and bits of life, or dull interpretations someone might call it, unveil the essence of love - mundane yet powerful at every one of its moments. Everyone will find themselves in those stories.

• Dec 27, 2019

With so much good on, its hard to care about this show, which can't capture the intimacy of the podcast. Good performances, but there's nothing here worth seeking out.

• Dec 27, 2019

As a Filipino particularly living in my own home country, this series showed me a glimpse of the New York scene as written and loosely based on The New York Times column. This was light and interesting, though not as moving as I thought it would be.

• Dec 27, 2019

A warm, funny, and poignant take on random lives in New York. Yes, it didn't move mountains, but made for a wonderful little stretch of television.

• Dec 25, 2019

Wow! Not typically in to movies/series like this, but loved it! So well Written! Actors great. Saw a bit off my life in each episode. Gave me the feelsies taught me a few things. Absolutely loved each one.

• Dec 04, 2019

Terrible! Unlikable characters, creepy storylines and overly sappy.

Terrible! Unlikable characters, creepy storylines and overly sappy.

• Nov 29, 2019

Honestly I just saw it because it was directed by John Carney, a movie director that never disappointed me, until now. Was this any good? Not really. Was this a refreshing story without cliches, realistic and pertinent? Nope. Don't waste your valious time in this bunch of nothing.

• Nov 26, 2019

I tried. I really tried but the stories lack any structure and weight for short-form storytelling.